MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardy on 6pr said a Freo player has been sanctioned and banned from playing mentioned Hogan that his injury might not be as bad and might not be reason keeping him out but also said it might be another player. So whatever maybe he just tryna put 2 n 2 together
Could be something there. On Monday he was a big chance to return this week. By Tuesday he was done for the year.

Hardy on 6pr said a Freo player has been sanctioned and banned from playing mentioned Hogan that his injury might not be as bad and might not be reason keeping him out but also said it might be another player. So whatever maybe he just tryna put 2 n 2 together

So he doesn't have a clue and is just speculating / insinuating? Bloke sounds like a hack.

So he doesn't have a clue and is just speculating / insinuating? Bloke sounds like a hack.
Yeah thats how it came across but thought id mention it here anyway but did hear he was close to playing . He also said Sandi could be done career over and it should be on Lyon. Nek minnut Sandis been named but usually he has got some good mail but i suppose if you throw enough darts eventually ya getting a bullseye

Yeah thats how it came across but thought id mention it here anyway but did hear he was close to playing . He also said Sandi could be done career over and it should be on Lyon. Nek minnut Sandis been named but usually he has got some good mail but i suppose if you throw enough darts eventually ya getting a bullseye

Aaron Sandilands career over at 36? Say it ain't so! This guy has all the hot gossip!

Aaron Sandilands career over at 36? Say it ain't so! This guy has all the hot gossip!
Haha no cause supposedly they trained him too hard last weekend and he re injured himself and it was likely career over. Brad Hardie i usually enjoy his part on 6pr but * me got it wrong today

Haha no cause supposedly they trained him too hard last weekend and he re injured himself and it was likely career over. Brad Hardie i usually enjoy his part on 6pr but fu** me got it wrong today
Hardie just sounds like Perth's version of Cornes or Barrett - as many speculative headlines as possible

Hardie just sounds like Perth's version of Cornes or Barrett - as many speculative headlines as possible
No campaigner is as bad as those 2. Yeah i guess itd be like any of us getting paid to jump on radio and read the rumour board or a poxy facebook page

Reported just before on Fox Footy ...

After suffering a mid-foot sprain against us in Round 14, Hogan is now having navicular surgery ... again.

#SellHigh
Holy s**t. I feel for him a bit. Navicular issues are a big deal. He must be pretty miserable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be hard to tell from looking at him I'd imagine ... He generally has resting miserable face
Yes he has always tended to look naturally miserable interspersed with frustrated or bitchy. I’m probably imagining it big time, but it’s one of the reasons I’ve found it reasonably easy to believe he struggles with mood issues. Not a lot of joy behind his eyes. Same thing with Tom Boyd in the past year. Really flat affect.

Watching this match tonight, why can't we play like the bombers. Genuinely exciting team

Well, they specifically recruited and developed run and dash players whereas we went with contested apes. Can't make our guys play like Tipingwuti, Gleeson, McKenna, Saad, Parish, McGrath, etc with a snap of the fingers.

Well, they specifically recruited and developed run and dash players whereas we went with contested apes. Can't make our guys play like Tipingwuti, Gleeson, McKenna, Saad, Parish, McGrath, etc with a snap of the fingers.
You could start by playing Bedford and Baker and anybody else with agility instead of slow campaigners all over the field who cant break from a contest or put any pressure on 5m from where the ball originated from. Everybody bags Parish but * me doubt any of our players could sprint to the ball get that pick up and dish off a handpass that hits a ******* target of a moving player. Itd hit our campaigner in the face whod handpass that misses creating 3 extra contested possessions to eventually turn it over and they score a goal. But hey atleast we won the contested ball

You could start by playing Bedford and Baker and anybody else with agility instead of slow campaigners all over the field who cant break from a contest or put any pressure on 5m from where the ball originated from. Everybody bags Parish but fu** me doubt any of our players could sprint to the ball get that pick up and dish off a handpass that hits a ******* target of a moving player. Itd hit our campaigner in the face whod handpass that misses creating 3 extra contested possessions to eventually turn it over and they score a goal. But hey atleast we won the contested ball

Does everyone bag Parish? Looks like a decent player to me, other than the thumb thing.

Agree with Baker but I'm not sure how Bedford warrants a game based on VFL form. He's hardly been prolific in terms of possessions or goals. Hannan can't get a touch at the moment (for whatever reason) and he showed much more at VFL level. I don't see us digging ourselves out of this particular hole with a couple of 4th round picks.

Does everyone bag Parish? Looks like a decent player to me, other than the thumb thing.

Agree with Baker but I'm not sure how Bedford warrants a game based on VFL form. He's hardly been prolific in terms of possessions or goals. Hannan can't get a touch at the moment (for whatever reason) and he showed much more at VFL level. I don't see us digging ourselves out of this particular hole with a couple of 4th round picks.
Well besides Parish and Mcgrath the rest were rookies besides Gleeson who was a round 3 pick so ya probably right round 4 wont cut it. My point was we have a few quicker players but they never get picked. Baker finally gets picked ans hes out yeah give him a week off but goes back is in top few and ******* Wagner comes in instead. Id pick Bedford on how much effort he is putting in not the stat sheet. he could be at Preussys feet and kick 3 goals from 8 touches put pressure on and hes worth his weight in gold. But nah we need him to kick 6 and have 20 for a month first. We are lacking what he does if hes putting in chuck him in for a taste what harm comes from it? Either he shows something or he learns what he needs to work on over preseason. I said Bedford cause thats all weve bloody got

Well besides Parish and Mcgrath the rest were rookies besides Gleeson who was a round 3 pick so ya probably right round 4 wont cut it. My point was we have a few quicker players but they never get picked. Baker finally gets picked ans hes out yeah give him a week off but goes back is in top few and ******* Wagner comes in instead. Id pick Bedford on how much effort he is putting in not the stat sheet. he could be at Preussys feet and kick 3 goals from 8 touches put pressure on and hes worth his weight in gold. But nah we need him to kick 6 and have 20 for a month first. We are lacking what he does if hes putting in chuck him in for a taste what harm comes from it? Either he shows something or he learns what he needs to work on over preseason. I said Bedford cause thats all weve bloody got

Saad cost a second round pick from the Suns and obviously the Irish bloke is going to be a Cat B rookie.

Sure, throw Bedford in the deep end. People were saying the same thing about giving Dion Johnstone a shot right up until he was delisted. Goodwin hasn't been shy about throwing young players into games - if Bedford is behind Kyle Dunkley in the pecking order, what does that tell you?

Saad cost a second round pick from the Suns and obviously the Irish bloke is going to be a Cat B rookie.

Sure, throw Bedford in the deep end. People were saying the same thing about giving Dion Johnstone a shot right up until he was delisted. Goodwin hasn't been shy about throwing young players into games - if Bedford is behind Kyle Dunkley in the pecking order, what does that tell you?
Saad was originally a rookie pick. Tells me that our drafting and development is absolute ******* rubbish. Watch Dunkley go backwards from here on out once our staff have gotten into him. Jarrod Cameron was averaging 9 touches and a goal in the WAFL yet gets a game with the premiers and is killing it. Bedford would be averaging about that i reckon

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into the Bombers resurgence of late. They're flakey and have played equally flakey sides lately and have scraped past a couple. Their run looks great when it's on but when it's not they have nothing else.

I agree we need to add more outside blokes to our team, but more to add balance given everyone we have is an inside scrapper. Essendon I think are too far the other way; great when they feel like it/get their heads up, but falls apart like Bailey ball against a team with a solid defence.

Would've liked Baker being given another run over either Wagner.

Saad was originally a rookie pick. Tells me that our drafting and development is absolute ******* rubbish. Watch Dunkley go backwards from here on out once our staff have gotten into him. Jarrod Cameron was averaging 9 touches and a goal in the WAFL yet gets a game with the premiers and is killing it. Bedford would be averaging about that i reckon
I think the big difference in Cameron’s favour is the club he plays for and the players he plays with.

I think the big difference in Cameron’s favour is the club he plays for and the players he plays with.
Thats my point rubbish football club, rubbish development, rubbish game plan. Cannon always goes on about Garlett not deserving a game or Bedford yet under his idea of what deserves a game Cameron would never have gotten a game with ave 9 touches 1 goal a game. If ya small forwards are working hard it shouldnt matter how many touches they get cause theyll end up filling their boots. We are playing the perfect statue at ff to play a few small forwards. Hopefully Wagner plays at his feet instead of between the arcs. Its ok i already know Bedford will get his first game under the pump against the best small defender get dropped and never be seen again its the melbourne way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back