Oppo Camp Non-Dees Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jamurp

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Port were a waste of a top 4 spot. Charlie Dixon one of the bigger trade busts of late.

djpaulydemon

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, highest combined prelim margin going into a GF of 154 points.

Next biggest was 151 in 1995.

Pretty crazy for modern footy.

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
I really hate to say it, but I could see the benefit of Hunt against the Dogs instead of JB

Daemon

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I really hate to say it, but I could see the benefit of Hunt against the Dogs instead of JB
Agree. I think we need to be very pragmatic with selections. Their mobile smallish forward line needs to be countered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deemanding

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Subi Lions, Trailblazers, AS Roma
Nah. We will go May > Naughton, Petty > English and Hibberd to Schache. Riv to Hannan. Lever takes JJ or Smith and just peels off him.

Reckon the height difference between Hibberd and Schache could get exploited there. I think I'd be swapping Lever and Hibberd. Others I agree with. Salem to Smith, Bowey takes Vandermeer / Scott.

LeverPuller

BigFooty Tanker
Jun 23, 2011
Q49, Olympic Stand
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United Seattle Seahawks
Reckon the height difference between Hibberd and Schache could get exploited there. I think I'd be swapping Lever and Hibberd. Others I agree with. Salem to Smith, Bowey takes Vandermeer / Scott.
I don’t want Lever on a tall. Schache was on McKenzie tonight at times and there wasn’t an issue

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Schache most likely goes to Lever as a defensive forward.

Deemanding

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Subi Lions, Trailblazers, AS Roma
Fair enough. I didn't get to watch a huge amount of the match but when I tuned in during the 3rd the Port defence made Schache looking like Wayne Carey in his prime.

Jamurp

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
That port performance was genuinely worse than Geelongs. Going up against the injury stricken dogs on your home turf after a week off and you lose by 12 goals - wtf?
I'd be absolutely livid if we lost two home prelim finals in a row. You could tell throughout the season that they were a level below the best sides though, very lucky to finish are high as they did, you look as their side and it's just not exciting at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad