Oppo Camp Non-Dees Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be absolutely livid if we lost two home prelim finals in a row. You could tell throughout the season that they were a level below the best sides though, very lucky to finish are high as they did, you look as their side and it's just not exciting at all.
Which is exactly why I wanted them to win last night so we could go 119 on their arse

Incredible stat
Brisbane are 1-5 in finals under Fagan.
Across those 6 finals they have played the 6 grand finalists from those years.

Incredible stat
Brisbane are 1-5 in finals under Fagan.
Across those 6 finals they have played the 6 grand finalists from those years.
That's not incredible.
Your on the side of one of the GFs to begin, if you lose you swap sides of the draw.

May aswell complain that they keep playing against top 8 sides in the finals.

That's not incredible.
Your on the side of one of the GFs to begin, if you lose you swap sides of the draw.

You just got Topkented LeverPuller god damn

That's not incredible.

Yeah but that also means they’ve lost twice to EF sides who have gone on to make the grand final, which is pretty remarkable. On top of the side they have lost QFs to always making it. AND the side they BEAT making it.

I think given it’s only 6 finals over 3 seasons it’s pretty wild.

Charlie Dixon is a fraud.

Likes to play the big tough meanie, but got given a bath by Zaine freakin Cordy last night.

They kick the ball to him almost every entry and half of them he's trying to mark the ball one handed.

He's weaker in the air than Ben Brown

Likes to play the big tough meanie, but got given a bath by Zaine freakin Cordy last night.

They kick the ball to him almost every entry and half of them he's trying to mark the ball one handed.

Nah this is a bad take. The kicking inside 50 was an embarrassment. Brown would have looked just as bad if we kicked like they did to him.
Dixon is a good FF.

I'm having a hard time blaming anyone but Ports midfield last night, absolutely weak as piss for such big names.

They set the tone for the entire team in the first 10 mins.

Hes not the reason they lost, the whole team didn't show up - but taking 4 marks on Zaine Cordy aint enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flat track bullies gonna flat track bully, been like that all year with Port, I expected as much from Motlop , Fantasia, Amon etc, but Boak, Wines and Gray, * me, when your stars play like that you got no hope.

If Dixon played for Melbourne youd be screaming to trade him. The ultimate downhill skiier.
How about I tell you what I think rather than you making it up as per.

He took 6 less contested marks than Naughton, and kicked 2 more goals.
Downhill skier is such a wank term, key forward doesn't play well when his team doesnt. Colour me shocked.

As good as BBB has been lately, you offer me a straight trade for Dixon and its a done deal 10/10 times.

(Don't take this as me saying I want to trade Brown coz I'm not you nuffies :p )

Dixon must be decent because he's kicked 48 goals but every time I watch him play he just looks like a spud.

Dixon must be decent because he's kicked 48 goals but every time I watch him play he just looks like a spud.
I think his issue is he's very hot or cold (much like Port tbh). Never seem to think of him having a consistent contribution. He's either grabbing everything and getting a bag, or doing * all and getting a junktime goal or JTG to keep his stats ticking over.

Port's midfield was dismal though. Can't blame Dixon for that, which left their defence (who can be shaky) high and dry and gave their forwards no chance.

Living in Altona, might take down the Dees flag I put in my window so I don't have a brick thrown through in the next fortnight

I made the right call

Yep he’s the classic example of a bloke who gets a free pass because he looks menacing, takes tough and beats up on bad defences.

Yep he’s the classic example of a bloke who gets a free pass because he looks menacing, takes tough and beats up on bad defences.
I liked him lots early days. In a good game he can look like he has it all. But he never really produced enough of those good games so I’ve absolutely moved on.

BBB is where it’s at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back