MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. Kinda believe it when I see it. There was no way they should have won the flag with their age profile.
I think it shows how insignificant age is at judging a side.
They're old but they manage their squad well, give rests when they need to, and they're still very good players. All round they are a very well coached and managed club.

I think it shows how insignificant age is at judging a side.
They're old but they manage their squad well, give rests when they need to, and they're still very good players. All round they are a very well coached and managed club.
I would add that it helps if the players have good skills age doesn't matter as much, just look at pendlebury at Collingwood.

Geelong never bottom out. They haven't in 50 years. Lowest amount of games won in that period is 7. They've made it incredibly hard to win at their home, they have a huge talent pool in that area which allows them to attract players home, winning culture, extremely well run club. Even now with the oldest side to ever take the field, they are rebuilding a nice young list under everyone's noses.
Also doesn’t help that the city of Melbourne has turned into an over gentrified car park. Grew up there and occasionally feel sentimental about the place but it’s honestly a shithole.

Am pretty jealous of Geelong, Saturday would've been amazing as a supporter, big * you to the rest of the comp too with winning a flag with an ageing side, respect to them. Huge challenge for our boys next season to be there on GF day, our supporters deserve it.

Selwood retiring, as much as I hate the campaigner, what a career. Legend status in the HOF for sure.
Gun. Deserves legend status for sure. Landed at a great club. You wonder if he would have made legend status if he got drafted to a North or Dees though? A bit of luck always plays a part in all this, but he's absolutely made the most of his talent and his leadership no doubt among the best in the comp during his time in the game. Would love to see him at our club in a role, but I'm sure we're in line with 17 other clubs!

Gun. Deserves legend status for sure. Landed at a great club. You wonder if he would have made legend status if he got drafted to a North or Dees though? A bit of luck always plays a part in all this, but he's absolutely made the most of his talent and his leadership no doubt among the best in the comp during his time in the game. Would love to see him at our club in a role, but I'm sure we're in line with 17 other clubs!
I don't think he wants to move away from Barwon Heads, reckon he might settle for a nice channel 7 job once a week.

Selwood retiring, as much as I hate the campaigner, what a career. Legend status in the HOF for sure.
He was probably a better footballer but * could there be 2 more sliding doors careers than his and Jonesy. Nate rocks up 05, plays 2 finals then none again for 12 years and finishes with 5 total winning just 3.

Selwood plays in 5 grand finals for 4 flags, 45 finals or something and more finals wins then St Kilda.

No doubt he played his part in keeping that club up there though. It's a lesson to any player, he should be remembered with the Voss, Hayes types but might not because of the arm lifts. Oliver's heading down the same path.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing work, Sheeds. Definitely air any disunity amongst the Essendon board, and make certain that all members and potential members are aware of the rift. Oh and undermine the club media officers while you’re there.

And don’t do it subtly with a leak or two. Put it right there in uppercase and make sure it is printed across a big photo of you as best buddy of a guy regarded as responsible for a club-wide doping problem.

I’m learning from a master about instilling public confidence about an organisation.

Amazing work, Sheeds. Definitely air any disunity amongst the Essendon board, and make certain that all members and potential members are aware of the rift. Oh and undermine the club media officers while you’re there.

And don’t do it subtly with a leak or two. Put it right there in uppercase and make sure it is printed across a big photo of you as best buddy of a guy regarded as responsible for a club-wide doping problem.

I’m learning from a master about instilling public confidence about an organisation.
Not sure who is having a worse week, the corporate comms team at Optus or at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back