MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe we took Weid ahead or Curnow
Was thinking the same. At the time I really wanted him. Looked a little loose, but you just could tell he had something about him. We look silly really passing up on both Harry then Curnow. Weid just isn't on their level and never has really looked at their level tbh. Was an odd pick. One of our few misses in recent years..

You don't see the Swans get opened up like this very often - James Brayshaw

The Channel 7 commentary team ladies and gentlemen.
Brayshaw going with the same line again. Wow.

Sydney are a mess defensively.

Their backline is far too offensive which sounds weird, but they have nobody who knows how to do the simple things that a defender should, Rampe is finished, both McCartin's go for marks too much, which is fine but there is a time and a place, Lloyd is stat whore, Joel Bowden type, Mills is there for rebound. They need some players who can just lockdown an opponent to free up others.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Carlton, but * Sydney, why can’t they be a crap team for a while? Hope the Blues get this done.

Their backline is far to offensive which sounds weird, but they have nobody who knows how to do the simple things that a defender should, Rampe is finished, both McCartin's go for marks too much, which is fine but there is a time and a place, Lloyd is stat whore, Joel Bowden type, Mills is there for rebound. They need some players who jcan just lockdown an opponent to free up others.
Yeah they look good against meh teams where they can drop off to intercept and rebound but bad at the bread and butter defence.
Something I do respect about Hunt. He's much more restrained now and doesn't offer much but is a solid lockdown player. Hibberd too has been great with that, even as his pace and kicking dropped off. Also May, Lever, Salem, Brayshaw etc are fantastic 1v1.

Swans are s**t .
Yeah their defence is rubbish. Mids don't work hard enough defensively. They aren't a top 4 team. Hard to beat at home but they've looked ordinary against decent opposition this year,particularly away from home. Carlton more of a threat than Swans this season.

Yeah they look good against meh teams where they can drop off to intercept and rebound but bad at the bread and butter defence.
Something I do respect about Hunt. He's much more restrained now and doesn't offer much but is a solid lockdown player. Hibberd too has been great with that, even as his pace and kicking dropped off. Also May, Lever, Salem, Brayshaw etc are fantastic 1v1.

They need to go a vet from somewhere, cant keep playing the McCartin's as your KPD's, they need to be your third defender types like Lever who can come off lesser opponents to intercept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need to go a vet from somewhere, cant keep playing the McCartin's as your KPD's, they need to be your third defender types like Lever who can come off lesser opponents to intercept.
Be kicking themselves for letting Allir get away.

Hes not exactly a lockdown defender either. They need to go get a Liam Jones type out of retirement.
Only if the he's allowed to come back in without a jab. Tomlinson might be getting a look from a few clubs at year's end.

Only if the he's allowed to come back in without a jab. Tomlinson might be getting a look from a few clubs at year's end.

Screw Jones he obviously did not appreciate playing in the AFL, I can see someone like Tomlinson being picked up. Sydney need an anchor full back though, I feel, the midfield is still developing for them.

I am on Tequila shots atm so hopefully that all makes sense.

Swans hanging in but just not close enough I reckon .

Carlton's second half fadeouts are pretty concerning, very much a pattern. Start hot, fall asleep.

Reckon imma try use my psychic powers again to maybe turn Carlton into a s**t team if Swans get up from here you know Toump Ass has been flexing his chakras again :devil:

The Blues board would be a good read. Do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back