MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember when we used to do s**t like this...

North Melbourne insisted it did not punish Horne-Francis by standing him down for the Power match, saying he was legitimately sore and due for a rest anyway given his heavy workload.

....scared of losing quality players so make up excuses for them. Tail wagging the dog. He should absolutely be punished for that. Speaks of the how bad his relationship is with the club that he didnt even bother asking them.

Replace JHF for $cully and this is us circa 2010-11.

Should've allowed the Crows bid for JHF stick if he's going to sulk and bitch like this. Ah well hindsight is 20/20 etc...

Jeez that's s**t from North.

It's hard because JHF probably can't cop a spray from their "leaders" (because they're garbage) or their footy admin (because it's a shambles).

They're almost at failed state levels.

Was a club sanctioned day off and he visited his mum for mother's day. Not sure it's that big a deal.
Was only a few years ago Trac was missing pre season because he hurt himself playing basketball
Didn't Roos push back his debut off the back of that?

Jeez that's s**t from North.

It's hard because JHF probably can't cop a spray from their "leaders" (because they're garbage) or their footy admin (because it's a shambles).

They're almost at failed state levels.

I agree that its s**t from Norf however that's what a No.1 draft pick has to deal with. Probably JHF hasn't been talked to like this and mollycoddled too much.

I know we heaped a lot of pressure on Watts but he never sulked and moaned. Even Patty Mccartin with all of his health problems has never bitched or moaned as a No. 1 Draft Pick.

Name me another No.1 Draft Pick that has put their contract on hold because of the culture, aside from $cully.

Was a club sanctioned day off and he visited his mum for mother's day. Not sure it's that big a deal.
Was only a few years ago Trac was missing pre season because he hurt himself playing basketball
Hot tip was he got smashed drunk and blamed it on basketball :$

Reading the North board and it sounds like the walk out of 3 list and recruiting guys is another win for the club :rolleyes::$

I understand cleaning the club out of under-performers (Jackson talked about the importance of this at the Dees) - but having them all walk out at once and leak to the media?

Reading the North board and it sounds like the walk out of 3 list and recruiting guys is another win for the club :rolleyes::$

I understand cleaning the club out of under-performers (Jackson talked about the importance of this at the Dees) - but having them all walk out at once and leak to the media?
Yeah, they're missing the forest for the trees a bit there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant judge them too much. I drank plenty of kool-aid back in 2012.
I think 'The Cut' thread is eternal proof we were well aware of how things stood at the time. Sure we had odd bouts of optimism here and there (usually around draft time) but when things were bad we called it.

I think 'The Cut' thread is eternal proof we were well aware of how things stood at the time. Sure we had odd bouts of optimism here and there (usually around draft time) but when things were bad we called it.
Yeah we made the best of our misery but I do remember some mental gymnastics I partook in where I thought we needed to go back to go forward. I remember arguing about it with some West Coast poster on the main board who compared Neeld to an a-hole middle manager who admin hired because they were so out of touch with their workers.

Honestly a brilliant analogy in hindsight.

Their list management has been atrocious, think this has to be a win

They didnt sack them, hardly a win, the powers that be were content with what they were doing. Why would it be any different next time around

They didnt sack them, hardly a win, the powers that be were content with what they were doing. Why would it be any different next time around
Doesn't matter, if Neeld had walked before he was sacked it'd still be a win.

North's list management would improve if randos at bigfooty pieced it together it's been ******* horrible.

North's list management would improve if randos at bigfooty pieced it together it's been ******* horrible.

Maybe true, but youre still going to make terrible appointments if the wrong people are making the appointments.

They need to offer Roosy a fortune to oversee the football department or something.

It's not that they left, it's how.

Same with their delistings over the last few years. All duds, but many of them came out and trashed the club/exit interviews.

Seems like there's a pattern here.

It hasn't been great but (in recent years at least) it's hard to tell who's been calling the shots. Rawlings and a few others overruling recruiting strategy? I dont know but it sounds like there's a fair bit of unrest.

Also Finnigan walked straight into Hawthorn so can't be that bad.

Dunno, if Neeld resigned after we lost to Essendon in 2013 and Schwabby stayed on with the same admin I think we go through a bit more pain.

It was only when Schwab left and the AFL stepped in that the wheel started to turn.

This bloke is my favourite talkback caller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back