MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see some essendon people showing their real colours

Sheedy just wants to save the legacy of one of his favourite players and now Hird hasn't gotten the gig hes thrown a child like tantrum. Actually incredible. So many egos and agendas being run that actually put their footy club second to individuals

And the internal undermining of the new coach begins already.

You know as soon as he gets on a losing streak the knives will be out in force...."hEs NoT oNe oF uS"

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I hope Brad Scott chops those disloyal dissidents when the opportunity presents itself.

Either that or ignore them. Either or.

This is the outside voice that they need, their last chance and already they are failing.
Sheedy needs to go. He's just too disruptive and loyal to Hird. Whether you agree with giving Hird a 2nd chance in the AFL, surely going back to the Bombers would be one of the all time dumb moves. I'd actually be ok to have James as an assistant coach at the Dees. Unbelievable footy brain. But Bombers would be whack getting him back on the books. I'm glad they voted the way they did and it highlighted Sheedy as a stumbling block moving forward.

Having said that, Brad Scott I'm not sold on. For as long as he was at the Kangas, I'm not sure he ever had them finishing top 4. I could be wrong. I thought the Yze/Choco combo would have been the braver choice. Scott seems safe to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see them.play finals next season. If Scott can teach them to defend then they are capable.

Sheedy needs to go. He's just too disruptive and loyal to Hird. Whether you agree with giving Hird a 2nd chance in the AFL, surely going back to the Bombers would be one of the all time dumb moves. I'd actually be ok to have James as an assistant coach at the Dees. Unbelievable footy brain. But Bombers would be whack getting him back on the books. I'm glad they voted the way they did and it highlighted Sheedy as a stumbling block moving forward.

Having said that, Brad Scott I'm not sold on. For as long as he was at the Kangas, I'm not sure he ever had them finishing top 4. I could be wrong. I thought the Yze/Choco combo would have been the braver choice. Scott seems safe to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see them.play finals next season. If Scott can teach them to defend then they are capable.
On this, I hope the club is putting in plans for when Yze inevitably gets poached by either Brisbane or North.

Do we have a Sheedy' type? Would it be Garry Lyon? He'd be the closest wouldn't he?
Maybe, but he's nowhere near as involved in the actual running of the club. Him taking pot shots in the media is basically his job so not much of a problem if he rags on the club.
Having someone like that on the board who's part of decision making is very different.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Maybe, but he's nowhere near as involved in the actual running of the club. Him taking pot shots in the media is basically his job so not much of a problem if he rags on the club.
Having someone like that on the board who's part of decision making is very different.
Was he ever on the board? I feel like he had his hands all over the club when Stynes was involved.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do we have a Sheedy' type? Would it be Garry Lyon? He'd be the closest wouldn't he?
Not really but it's not my point, Melbourne supporters aren't incestuous like essendon supporters. Melbourne supporters couldn't careless whether a new coach is from another club or not. I shouldn't generalise but a lot of Essendon supporters want their golden boy Hird back. If essendon don't improve next year just wait for the nuffy supporters crying for hird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was he ever on the board? I feel like he had his hands all over the club when Stynes was involved.

I think heavily involved with the Neeld appointment.

Regardless there aren’t many Melbourne supporters who have unwavering support for Lyon like Essendon does with Hird

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He did it as a ******* favour to stynes when he was dying and openly said he never wanted to but had to help out his mate. Him copping s**t for that is some of the dumbest s**t ever

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
On this, I hope the club is putting in plans for when Yze inevitably gets poached by either Brisbane or North.
Given he has been pretty much on the shortlist of two senior coaching positions this year, I’d say there are already some ideas around this one

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Regardless there aren’t many Melbourne supporters who have unwavering support for Lyon like Essendon does with Hird
No you're right. The obsession with Hird is astonishing. Lyon took pot shots from afar. Clearly loved the club but because he was a presence in the media his emotions got the better of him sometimes and his comments could divide I guess. I'm finding Sheedy is a little the same atm. There are those that will always adore him and back him while others want him disconnected from the club.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

You're right. Lyon is a bit of a c***. Always was. Was never overly likeable. Hird always came across as a great bloke. Funny how things work out hey..

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He did it as a ******* favour to stynes when he was dying and openly said he never wanted to but had to help out his mate. Him copping s**t for that is some of the dumbest s**t ever
As bad as Neeld was as a coach, he clearly interviewed really well, he's a trained teacher and probably presented and spoke well. If Melbourne hadn't signed him Adelaide would have, so that's two clubs that were convinced he was their man. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
As bad as Neeld was as a coach, he clearly interviewed really well, he's a trained teacher and probably presented and spoke well. If Melbourne hadn't signed him Adelaide would have, so that's two clubs that were convinced he was their man. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Rumours were that the Adelaide thing was a smokescreen by his management to get us to sign him up quick. Who would know though? Became pretty clear he was pushing s**t up a hill in year one and then we were even worse in year two with his ‘moneyball’ spuds.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah an everyone at Collingwood was raving about him being the key to their midfield. Impressing a bunch of hardened footballers and men from the 80s/90s wasn't the same as connecting with modern players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back