Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Either he will get rubbed out and Geelong fans will howl or he won't and Richmond fans will howl.

Win win.

Dangerfield escapes with a fine

To the Tigers board!

I'd have given AFLPA President Dangerfield a week and Martin two weeks. It looked like AFLPA President Dangerfield did more damage (I'm assuming the first blow got de Boer in the ol' Hall-er plexus which left him more vulnerable to being stunned by the second blow to the head) but Martin attacked Kennedy from behind and deliberately swung an elbow into his head. AFLPA President Dangerfield was being careless.

Regardless, it's ridiculous to penalise a bit of push and shove with shots on goal under the supposed mandate of cleaning up the game, then let two stars off with a slap on the wrist for off the ball strikes.

Should have been. This throwing fists has to stop. Guys are out there to play a game, yes it's only a game, and they are not out there to get smacked in the head, same with elbows.

Christian pretty much gave a free pass to hits to the guts when he let Cunnington off in the first match.

The 2nd swing arm barely touched him.

The right result for once I reckon.

Christian pretty much gave a free pass to hits to the guts when he let Cunnington off in the first match.

The 2nd swing arm barely touched him.

The right result for once I reckon.

Yes, just grazed the top of his head, but was still enough to put him on ground. Could have been a lot worse - a little lower and we could have been looking at a broken jaw, a la gaffy. Need to stamp that s**t out.

Shits me off that Dangerfield can get off for two backhanded punches off the ball, unprovoked - yet McDonald gets a week for an attempted spoil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to compare them TBH.
Dangers first hit was to the guts and the 2nd one barely grazed him.

McDonald knew what he was doing.
Dangerfield knew what he was doing too... I don’t get that argument. Hits to the guts should get a week. I’m not necessarily saying McDonald should get off but it’s bullshit that these off the ball strikes are getting downgraded

Dangerfield knew what he was doing too... I don’t get that argument. Hits to the guts should get a week. I’m not necessarily saying McDonald should get off but it’s bullshit that these off the ball strikes are getting downgraded
I'm hearing you. But Christian set the standard early on by fining punches to the guts when all of the preseason talk was a punch would end up a suspension.

After watching Steven Smith the President of the MCC on open mike, 3 things are patently obvious.

1. It makes our thrashing of the ski set in the finals, even sweeter;
2. Leigh Matthews should have hit him harder;
3. The smug campaigner reinforces why we hate lawyers (I’m one & wanted to whack him after his “just jog on” jibe about interstaters being upset over the corrupt MCG deal).

After watching Steven Smith the President of the MCC on open mike, 3 things are patently obvious.

1. It makes our thrashing of the ski set in the finals, even sweeter;
2. Leigh Matthews should have hit him harder;
3. The smug campaigner reinforces why we hate lawyers (I’m one & wanted to whack him after his “just jog on” jibe about interstaters being upset over the corrupt MCG deal).
The WA and SA governments should really do something to attack that deal given how much they contributed to their awesome, recently built stadiums. They could start by threatening to withdraw funding if they don't share the Grand Final around- play a similar game to the Vic government by putting dollars on the line.

The WA and SA governments should really do something to attack that deal given how much they contributed to their awesome, recently built stadiums. They could start by threatening to withdraw funding if they don't share the Grand Final around- play a similar game to the Vic government by putting dollars on the line.

It is too late. Our children can fight over it. But I think it benefits us being at the G.

People keep talking as though this grand final will be at Optus often. It won’t. Then u have to line up actually wce to be in one at same time. I doubt plan would have been anyway for grand final to be at home of the team with highest position on ladder. Too messy with planning and members of other clubs etc. economics are set, you can’t just inflict millions of dollars of losses on teams selling tickets to grand final.

Our ground is similar to MCG. Big benefit. Adelaide can be tough and SCG- well Sydney can beat us there in their sleep.

Gabba, if it’s going to be at night, too slippery for us!

And of all these other grounds, we play at MCG more than any of these.

It ain’t that bad that it’s staying there...

It is too late. Our children can fight over it. But I think it benefits us being at the G.

People keep talking as though this grand final will be at Optus often. It won’t. Then u have to line up actually wce to be in one at same time. I doubt plan would have been anyway for grand final to be at home of the team with highest position on ladder. Too messy with planning and members of other clubs etc. economics are set, you can’t just inflict millions of dollars of losses on teams selling tickets to grand final.

Our ground is similar to MCG. Big benefit. Adelaide can be tough and SCG- well Sydney can beat us there in their sleep.

Gabba, if it’s going to be at night, too slippery for us!

And of all these other grounds, we play at MCG more than any of these.

It ain’t that bad that it’s staying there...
At the moment it is better for us definitely. But in 40 years it could be a different story.. I wasn’t expecting an immediate change to where it was played and had kind of accepted that it would be at the MCG for the foreseeable future. But the fact they had the audacity to then go and put an extra 20 years on top of that, for no other reason than they were s**t scared that all these other states were suddenly getting world class stadiums built, is a bit of a joke. Who knows what’s going to happen in 40 years time.. we didn’t exist 40 years ago.. it’s far too long to lock it in to one place for, especially on top of what was already there. Just a big **** you to everyone else in the league. Bit pissed off as well that this is the only thing they want to claim “tradition” on, yet they love to mess around with grand final start times and change the entire concept of the sport with their rule changes..

Ridiculous that genuine football actions like spoiling and tackling are dealt so harshly by the MRO halfwit.

Compared to punches to the body, blatantly diving/staging for free kicks, and elbows to the head 50m off the ball.

Whole system is broken. AFL needs to fold. And us with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back