Opposition Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

ConcreteWaters

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
I've started redecorating my flat, and I've decided to have a room dedicated to the footy, because I just bloody love the game so much. As a lead in, I've put pictures up of all the brownlow medallists over the years. It still brings a tear to my eye to see cuzzy up there....what could have been. Juddy as well, I can't believe he turned his back on our great club.
But.
The thing that most annoys me is that the Fyfe and Ablett pictures keep falling down. I've tried nails, screws, glue. It's so bloody annoying. For the life of me, I can't figure out why their pictures keep falling down. It seems, no matter what happens, they just can't be suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

woosha24

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
The thing that most annoys me is that the Fyfe and Ablett pictures keep falling down. I've tried nails, screws, glue. It's so bloody annoying. For the life of me, I can't figure out why their pictures keep falling down. It seems, no matter what happens, they just can't be suspended.
Sounds like you need to use a little more elbow grease.

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes I saw your message about that, then I saw you posting so I figured it was all good.

But now that you mention it the same thing happened to me yesterday in that thread. The iPad seems a bit dodgy with it but like you the phone works fine. Mysterious.
It's really weird, probably why it's been so quiet in there lately.

Luuuc

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
I will never forget a game I played for Western Bulldogs against the Gold Coast Suns in 2011 when I went against the game plan and didn’t kick down the line like I was told. Twice.
The runner came out and pointed to the bench, where the dreaded phone was waiting. Any player will tell you: ‘No one wants to answer that phone.’
I picked it up and Rodney ‘Rocket’ Eade was waiting on the line. I soon made my third mistake that day.
I tried to explain myself and boy did I get one of Rocket’s famous sprays
What it’s like to cop a rocket

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
On a side note is anyone else having trouble posting in the random discussion thread?
It's only the random discussion thread and only from my laptop (have tried chrome & firefox), just won't let me hit the post reply button. And then every now and then it will let me.
But I can post from my phone all the time.
Yes. I haven't been able to post since yesterday morning. Thought it was just me.

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I was concerned I had got tanked and gone into a Mel Gibson type fugue that I couldn't recall and got a thread ban.
Haha me too, I did get pretty drunk over the weekend as well.
Yes. I haven't been able to post since yesterday morning. Thought it was just me.
Anyone see the woman who licked her hand after high-fiving Dusty? G.R.O.S.S

(Posting in here 'cos I still can't post in the Random Discussion thread).
Site is broken.... Or tin foil hat it's because the title makes fun of google ads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

06Premiers

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers, Gumbies

Buddy has completely broken down. He’ll inevitably be fine for Jarrod Brander’s next game, Round 12 at the SCG, but Sydney are staring down the barrel of a very expensive contract for an off field marketing asset in the coming years.
Can he still make AA Captain?

LittleGreekGod

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
I've started redecorating my flat, and I've decided to have a room dedicated to the footy, because I just bloody love the game so much. As a lead in, I've put pictures up of all the brownlow medallists over the years. It still brings a tear to my eye to see cuzzy up there....what could have been. Juddy as well, I can't believe he turned his back on our great club.
But.
Or Nailed/

FatPizza

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Buddy has completely broken down. He’ll inevitably be fine for Jarrod Brander’s next game, Round 12 at the SCG, but Sydney are staring down the barrel of a very expensive contract for an off field marketing asset in the coming years.
That round 1 game at Optus last year sure did a number on him...

kane249

New cup, who dis?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sth Freo, Liverpool, Chicago Bulls

Contract goes until the end of the 2023 season, last time I saw deal this bad was the 20 year contract Vince McMahon gave to Bret Hart

Last edited:

ZergMinion

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Fremantle (AFLW)

This seems like wishful thinking to me (the broken down part, not that he'll play us in round 12). Franklin has only played 3 22 game seasons (regular season only) in his entire career. Usually 19 games is about his speed. Last year he played 18, and his DT/SC averages were in the ballpark of previous years so it's not like he's fallen off a cliff before this season.

Fair chance he gets over this hamstring and continues to play well.

Believe me I'd like nothing better than his contract to be the anchor that completely destroys Sydney, but I don't see how saying he's broken down is anything other than hopeful bias.

Players with less natural ability than Franklin have looked cooked before and come back strong.

Truckosaurus

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
1557914169803.png

Brandon Matera doesn't even deserve to be in a fantasy State team. Go home, AFL.com.au, you're drunk. Either move Hill off the interchange and pick a replacement there, or pick anyone else. J Cripps would work nicely. Let's not even start with Coniglio playing in the pocket.

Top Bottom