Opposition Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HoneyBadger35

Friends, Family, Flex
AFL Club
West Coast
”With Hayden (Ballantyne), he’s 31, kicked four in his last game and is playing really good football. Our ball movement will really help him and I wouldn’t be surprised if he kicks 40 goals.

“It’s really important what (Luke) Hodge is doing at Brisbane.”
Oh my. Not to bang on about Ross Lyon, but he’s on some next level press tour and is just setting himself up for failure.

Last time the Dockers had a player kick over 40 goals was 2014.

Hayden Ballantyne’s goals by season: 10, 33, 23, 31, 34, 49 (WE DID IT!), 15, 26, 11, 11.

I don’t want to say it’s definitely not going to happen, but I will. It’s definitely not going to happen.

kane249

New cup, who dis?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sth Freo, Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
It distracts them from the reality of how shit their team is, so they need every escape they can get.

The same group also still hero worship Jeff Farmer/Dale Kickett/Steven Dodd. Heck they famously celebrate the last one as "one punch Dodd" still.

Monocle

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont. New England Patriots.
It distracts them from the reality of how shit their ( team ) CLUB is, so they need every escape they can get.

The same group also still hero worship Jeff Farmer/Dale Kickett/Steven Dodd. Heck they famously celebrate the last one as "one punch Dodd" still.
Little rewrite....... if I may ........ see the bolded bit above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
"We have heard our members loud and clear, they want sustained high performance on and off the field that wins us premierships. That is now a key pillar of our vision."

Revolutionary stuff.
Does make you wonder what their “vision” has been this entire time.. Carlton’s only just figuring out we play professional sport to win trophies.

kane249

New cup, who dis?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sth Freo, Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Does make you wonder what their “vision” has been this entire time.. Carlton’s only just figuring out we play professional sport to win trophies.
Taken them this long to figure out you can’t buy flags with an open cheque book like how they built their success on

AFL Club
West Coast
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ise-of-the-nba-fashion-stylist-ng-b881135194z

Seriously, who the **** is interested in this shit. Not surprised capt figjam is mentioned
Any player with any self respect needs to stay well clear of the peripheral idiocy that Alex Rance and Fyfe have embraced wholeheartedly. Australians cant stand that yank fake look-at-me shit.

A bunch of AFL suits have clearly been on expensive junkets and justified the diversion of funds from grassroots footy by dreaming up the sort of AFLX US razzmatazz bullshit we all cringe at.

Aside from dressing up like an idiot Fyfe was also inexplicably allowed by Freo to play AFLX while injured and required surgery after. Freo way to go!!

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ise-of-the-nba-fashion-stylist-ng-b881135194z

Seriously, who the **** is interested in this shit. Not surprised capt figjam is mentioned
Most likely it’s directed at impressionable youngsters- ‘glamour and celebrity’
And gives them the impression that these footballers are free to express themselves etc. Which is obviously utter bs

‘some argue it's time to loosen the reins further on players' creative expression.’

Nothing could be further from the truth- beholden to their bank account managers, these ‘role models’ parrot (without question) the $narrative$

Judd called it out years ago, the absurdity of football players as role models
The thing with Judd is he was a once in a lifetime player. And far less expendable. 99.9% are not and (unfortunately believe) they have to tow the line/ lie

AFL Club
West Coast
Any player with any self respect need to stay well clear of the peripheral idiocy that Alex Rance and Fyfe have embraced wholeheartedly. Australians cant stand that yank fake look-at-me shit.

A bunch of AFL suits have clearly been on expensive junkets and justified the diversion of funds from grassroots footy by dreaming up sort of AFLX US razzmatazz bullshit we all cringe at.

Aside from dressing up like an idiot Fyfe was also inexplicably allowed by Freo to play AFLX while injured and required surgery after. Freo way to go!!
Good point re grassroots footy
Grassroots anything is an anathema to $them$

Top Bottom