Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

what, like the AFL media does with an entire sport when anything happens at a soccer game?
Probably, yeah. It's equally stupid regardless of which direction it goes.
But that of course is contingent on the sport in question making their lack of tolerance for this type of s**t clear and strong, which is why I'm expecting the AFL to come down a lot harder on this than that pathetic fine did.
Kinda sad when a sports/entertainment organisation needs to take the lead over the law on civilised behaviour.

One observation from my years in Melbourne is that the night games are waaaaaay more likely to have bogan nonsense. I had a bloke years ago at a saints night game who wanted to start up after I'd told him to calm down with the racist stuff re Nicnat.

Fortunately he had some eagles supporting mates who dragged him off and apologised.

Agreed. A disgrace is what that is. Weak af.
Proper footy fans should not be forced to share a stadium with that. I assume further penalties will be announced soon.

Should be banned from all AFL games for 5 years, as what is done in soccer.

Rance is my Marsden.

Imagine hearing 24/7 that Marsden was the best player in football and one of the all time greats, purely because he plays in Victoria. Imagine living in that world. A bang average player called the most valuable player in the comp because his team has a lot of members and a strong ratings influence.

I challenge anyone to stay sane in that world.
*Masten

I would imagine all of them will be banned unless there is a clear aggressor.

I've seen a bit of footage prior to that, there were half a dozen blokes s**t talking each other when the kid in the Tigers jumper threw a punch, he was the instigator and was the one who did the most damage, there was a bit of argy bargy just out of the shot and he hopped into that as well. 10 year ban about right.

Anyone notice how Richmond played much better after Rance was off the ground? Just saying.

Feel for the bloke with his injury, but he's still completely overrated.

Their zoning of the corridor did improve after he went off - although Carlton pressed the self-destruct button as well. The last quarter was more a case of Carlton packing up early and forgetting how to football rather than Richmond raising their game.

Trying to contain J.Cameron next week will be a far sterner test of whether they can still operate in defence without Rance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their zoning of the corridor did improve after he went off - although Carlton pressed the self-destruct button as well. The last quarter was more a case of Carlton packing up early and forgetting how to football rather than Richmond raising their game.

Trying to contain J.Cameron next week will be a far sterner test of whether they can still operate in defence without Rance.
They won’t be able to contain J Cameron in Round 22.

Us loosing Emac and Brown in 2015 still got us to a GF... BUT we did have Schofield and a handy young Gov who took his game to the next level.

Sheppard played out of his skin as well that year, his ability to shutdown much taller opponents was phenomenal that year

Who do Richmond have to replace Rance?

tumblr_inline_p7hf5unOIW1sjnmot_540.gif

Anyone notice how Richmond played much better after Rance was off the ground? Just saying.

Feel for the bloke with his injury, but he's still completely overrated.
That was a little bit of Carlton running out of tank more than rance going down, I would have thought.

The issue for Richmond will come when they come up against sides with decent key forwards, and sides who move the ball quickly. Guys like Grimes, Astbury, vlastuin will all depend on the assistance that rance gives them in the air, he’s so good at reading where the ball will go.

Having said that, I think the bigger issue for the tigers was their ball movement i50. It’s going to take a while for Riewoldt and Lynch to stop getting in each other’s way. When it was just Riewoldt, the guys would look for better options. Now, the temptation is to bomb it forward knowing they have 2 key targets.

Dane Swan tells of his partying days as an AFL player

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/d...n/news-story/88c429cf0ec021868b05bb47b76e0d75
“I remember sitting (at the club) there in recovery one morning at like 9am. I’d been at a party.
“I left the party, grabbed a Gatorade bottle, filled it up three quarters Gatorade, one quarter vodka and sat on the bikes doing recovery drinking vodka Gatorade — just waiting to go back to the party.
“If I hadn’t have topped up I would’ve been f***ed by the time I got back to the party, and I wouldn’t have gone. And
“What’s wrong with that?”

If he’s gifted enough to train as an elite AFL player while half cut then good luck to him

Makes you wonder how good he could’ve been if he wasn’t such a party animal. That’s a scary thought.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he’s gifted enough to train as an elite AFL player while half cut then good luck to him

Makes you wonder how good he could’ve been if he wasn’t such a party animal. That’s a scary thought.

Some guys just don't function unless they're allowed to be let off the chain. Denis Rodman was a classic example. Swanny probably falls into that category.

All he would have been doing is hopping into the water at a beach with some stretching lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back