Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Last edited by a moderator:
While I like an upset as much as anyone does anyone else feel that the finals dont really reflect the best teams anymore? The last 2 seasons have had underdogs win. The 2 seasons before that were Hawk wins assisted by the MCG deal. Collingwood have a real possibilty of winning it all while not really being dominant at all apart from last night.

I feel like its more of a luck result now and the league isn't that credible.

While I like an upset as much as anyone does anyone else feel that the finals dont really reflect the best teams anymore? The last 2 seasons have had underdogs win. The 2 seasons before that were Hawk wins assisted by the MCG deal. Collingwood have a real possibilty of winning it all while not really being dominant at all apart from last night.

Certainty seems this way more teams are a chance now ....which is good .

Won't happen but a fair system for the top teams should be teams finishing 1 and 2 play of in the grand final with the team finishing first hosting the GF ....Won't happen but would make for a great season , less finals so less money to the AFL though .

We thought the Bulldogs were lucky to win the flag but they had to be the best team for 4 weeks. Collingwood might do the same but with only 2 weeks of effort.

If Collingwood win next weekend they deserve it. Started 0-2 and has had to deal with a raft of injuries but they finished the year well and did well in all three finals so far (they certainly pushed us in Week 1).

It is a common thing for Victorian fans to hate Collingwood but I don't mind them as much as Richmond - I'm willing to bet their fans during the off season would be a lot more gracious and humble compared to the numerous Richmond flogs that have now mostly vanished after last night.

If Collingwood win next weekend they deserve it. Started 0-2 and has had to deal with a raft of injuries but they finished the year well and did well in all three finals so far (they certainly pushed us in Week 1).

It is a common thing for Victorian fans to hate Collingwood but I don't mind them as much as Richmond - I'm willing to bet their fans during the off season would be a lot more gracious and humble compared to the numerous Richmond flogs that have now mostly vanished after last night.

Still a bit salty that if we make it we have to play the GF on their home deck, but its not the Pies fault.

They have had a very good draw though. 6 wins against Carlton, Brisbane and Freo. Only beat 1 top 8 team (Melbourne) during the home and away season. Lost their first final. GWS had injuries also.

I disagree.

I think a soft draw and one good game have gotten them into a GF.

Be a disgrace if they win it.

They have had a very good draw though. 6 wins against Carlton, Brisbane and Freo. Only beat 1 top 8 team (Melbourne) during the home and away season. Lost their first final. GWS had injuries also.

You can only beat who you play. They have peaked at the right time, beating Richmond at the MCG and then either us or Melbourne will demonstrate that they deserved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can only beat who you play. They have peaked at the right time, beating Richmond at the MCG and then either us or Melbourne will demonstrate that they deserved it.

They went 1-6 versus top 8 during the season.

They then lost to us, beat an injury ravaged GWS and then had one good win for the year last night.

Hardly compelling.

They went 1-6 versus top 8 during the season.

They then lost to us, beat an injury ravaged GWS and then had one good win for the year last night.

Hardly compelling.

Give them nothing and take everything. I will not be satisfied until I see their tears streaming down their cheeks.

So depressing.

With Priddis and Mitchell gone, an average looking midfield and over the hill players like Le Cras they were tipped by most to miss finals. The experts had them and us at around the same level.

End result Freo 14th, Eagles Grand Final -maybe more. For the umpteenth time in our histories, they exceed expectations and we either meet or fall below :(

WA media is going to be off the charts for the next week.

As much as I hate them you got to admire the way they don’t accept mediocrity, how many times in their history have they hit rock bottom.

Worst part is the people who don't understand footy, they really don't realise how insufferable eagles supporters are...

Time to retreat to the bunker. :(

lel

Got to feel for the Lions in a way, four of their lost generation will be featuring in the Grand Final.

Yeo, Redden, Crisp, Aish.

The damage from the Voss / Leppitsch tenures sent them backwards for a decade.
I would feel bad, but they’ve already shown this year they’re finally on the right track. They’ll be a challenger for the lower half of the 8 next year for sure.

Agree, Fagan definitely has turned them around and they have massive amounts of talent in abundance that if it continues to develop, will turn them into a seriously good outfit in 2-3 seasons.

Interestingly enough, it's the emphasis on players as people and developing skills for life rather than just football that is seeing positive outcomes on the field. Much like Simpson has done at West Coast and of course Clarkson did at Hawthorn.

Voss / Leppitsch effectively put in place a run harder, get stronger or get out mentality that constantly hazed the younger members of the squad.

As previously mentioned it lead to the exodus of Grand Finalists this week Yeo, Redden, Crisp and Aish; but also Polec, Docherty, Longer, Henderson and J.Green.

Few periods in recent history have seen a club act so self-destructively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back