ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I understand why they're doing what they are but another season like 2018 and I could understand if Geelong supporters were rather angry

30stm

All Australian
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
geelong.png

cats
Any chance of S Walsh getting home sick and requesting a trade to Geelong?

Wellsy thinking -
"So, operation Get Walsh Home starts now. Our 2nd rounder next year should be enough to get it done right? Rookies depreciate worse than Cars so it's probably overs but we'll be fair to Carlton"

Silvagni - "that will be 3 top 10 picks Wellsy".

Last edited:

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
220px-Maurice_Rioli_1982.jpg

Why would Richmond have waited so long to recognise this champion?
BoG in three consecutive grand finals is some sort of record! (WAFL '80'81, VFL'82)

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
GEELONG

The Cats have a few injury concerns as the Christmas break approaches. Esava Ratugolea (broken ankle) has had a delayed start to his pre-season, while Zach Tuohy is yet to hit the track after a post-season knee clean up. Nakia Cockatoo has complained of knee soreness and had his tonsils removed, while Jordan Clark and Jordan Cunico have also suffered from tonsilities. Wylie Buzza’s 2018 was cut short by the dreaded Lisfranc injury, but is beginning to build up his running capacity.

Noticed this startling news from a Foxfooty injury roundup, Cockatoo complained of knee soreness and had his tonsils removed:eek:, them Geelong doctors sure are out there.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
GEELONG

The Cats have a few injury concerns as the Christmas break approaches. Esava Ratugolea (broken ankle) has had a delayed start to his pre-season, while Zach Tuohy is yet to hit the track after a post-season knee clean up. Nakia Cockatoo has complained of knee soreness and had his tonsils removed, while Jordan Clark and Jordan Cunico have also suffered from tonsilities. Wylie Buzza’s 2018 was cut short by the dreaded Lisfranc injury, but is beginning to build up his running capacity.

Noticed this startling news from a Foxfooty injury roundup, Cockatoo complained of knee soreness and had his tonsils removed:eek:, them Geelong doctors sure are out there.
Lol two other players now have tonsillitis too...perhaps he had been spending some time on his knees

GEELONG

Footage from Cockatoo's knee surgery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What are those dockers up to with Slippery Ross - training on the gold coast, new tactics and gameplan, new tall forwards and ruck...have they got all their pieces in place, will they come out transformed and be top 8 or finals contenders? Mucho youth..

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
What are those dockers up to with Slippery Ross - training on the gold coast, new tactics and gameplan, new tall forwards and ruck...have they got all their pieces in place, will they come out transformed and be top 8 or finals contenders? Mucho youth..
New game plans take a while to kick in. I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle for the first half of the year and then have a surge toward the end. Don't think it will be enough for Lyon to keep his job unless they make the 8.

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBA: Thunder

Think Ross wants to get over to the strip club where their laws are a little more lax in terms of what you can and can't do

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBA: Thunder
Weird thing is, there was word around that they were training for a Richmond style game plan of pressure the ball forward and lock it in. Which is the complete opposite to the way you should be playing if you actually have key forwards to kick to???

Freo's key forwards operate better on their knee's apparently

In their pure form as a club and supporter base we don't hate them*
But there is a massive asterisk there

How they have been treated by the media - and compared to how we have been treated - has led us to dislike the media in WA first and foremost, but West Coasts fan bases inability to see that both clubs have been treated differently (and still are) has made us dislike them. Plus the way both clubs are treated by the umpires has made us dislike the umpires - and in turn their inability to see that makes us dislike them more. Plus there's the arrogance and sense of entitlement they got after 92/94 and us starting first season 1995 was never going to make things easy for us lol

We have in it's purest form a healthy rivalry

tl;dr we don't *actually* hate them (or rather we didn't at the very start), just the way they are treated like media darlings and umpire darlings irks us and the fans not being able to see that - or acknowledge that

I will add the 2018 Grand Final was an absolute spectacle and the Eagles won that completely on their own - yes a lot lined up for them in terms of who they played on the way through and who got knocked out before they could play them, BUT they had to do what had to be done at the end of the day. It makes me sick, but good on them for winning that.

Now allow me to put my purple specs on; **** em. I hope they never win another game.

I can almost taste the tears through my computer monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back