Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most news is just designed to generate clicks really. It’s the primary way that the news industry sustains itself financially these days, and the best way to generate clicks is to provoke or titillate nuffies on all sides
I totally agree. As it's a business designed to make a profit, the industry chooses certain stories to push a narrative which riles up emotion. As people are more and more familiar with the narrative, they're more likely to click or read in the future. It's easier, cheaper and more profitable than researching and publishing the most important and critical stories in Australia and the world.

Same thing happens in the popular music industry. A handful of producers wrote ~1/3 of no. 1 hits in the last decade, re-using the same melodies and beats and paying radio stations, TV stations and networks to keep the audience familiar and hooked on the same product. This way, companies can create their 'stars' without spending time and money looking to sign and fund legitimately talented, live acts to keep up with emerging trends.

Hannerbery 'strained' a hamstring when his preseason workload picked up. Now taking bets on how many games St Kilda will get out of him, keeping in mind that his body is fragile but the Saints are desperate.

I ssay 14 games over two years before 'retiring'.

Hannerbery 'strained' a hamstring when his preseason workload picked up. Now taking bets on how many games St Kilda will get out of him, keeping in mind that his body is fragile but the Saints are desperate.

I ssay 14 games over two years before 'retiring'.
Smells like Malceski

RIP Jarrod Pickett career

I was so keen for us to draft him that year too

Last edited:
RIP Jarrod Pickett career

I was so keen for us to draft him that year too

Came here to post about his injury. You’d think that’s it for him if it’s an ACL. He was sent away to train earlier in the Pre-season iirc? I was also wanting him at the club.

Most news is just designed to generate clicks really. It’s the primary way that the news industry sustains itself financially these days, and the best way to generate clicks is to provoke or titillate nuffies on all sides

Sure..
C.D. Jackson
Wikipedia-
General Charles Douglas (C. D.) Jackson (March 16, 1902 – September 18, 1964) was a United States government propagandist[1][2] and senior executive of Time Inc. As an expert on psychological warfare he served in the Office of Strategic Services in World War II and later as Special Assistant to the President in the Eisenhower administration.
After the war, he became Managing Director of Time-Life International from 1945-49. He then became publisher of Fortune Magazine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure..
C.D. Jackson
Wikipedia-
General Charles Douglas (C. D.) Jackson (March 16, 1902 – September 18, 1964) was a United States government propagandist[1][2] and senior executive of Time Inc. As an expert on psychological warfare he served in the Office of Strategic Services in World War II and later as Special Assistant to the President in the Eisenhower administration.
After the war, he became Managing Director of Time-Life International from 1945-49. He then became publisher of Fortune Magazine

Georgie - seriously, have you not found the SRP boards yet. They are down here.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/society-religion-and-politics.46/

Go check it out - there are enough loons down in that place who will satisfy your desire to take threads off topic and post rubbish for years to come.

This one works.

Hey Gil, if the whole idea of AFLX is to make it easier to play AFL(ish) at grassroots and overseas, you probably don't need to try and sell it as a TV product. If it's convenient, people will adopt it. God knows no one will be converted from watching it.

I enjoyed AFLX this year, but only because WCE used it as a chance to showcase young players. We got a small taste of Rioli, Petruccelle, Waterman, Cole, etc. which was great after a long offseason.

Next year, it’s some kind of all star system? What a disappointment.
Yeah I hope none of our boys get selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back