Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the quality that's come back to Perth though: Bennell, Matera and Wilson (who's decent but a dip s**t). Did I miss anyone?

Also we did get Tunbridge. :$
Lobb and McCarthy

But yeah it’s more an issue of the good WA kids staying interstate whilst the good Vic and SA players have bailed home

Edit - or the good WA kids have gone to Melbourne

Lobb and McCarthy

But yeah it’s more an issue of the good WA kids staying interstate whilst the good Vic and SA players have bailed home

Edit - or the good WA kids have gone to Melbourne

True Lobb, still might’ve preferred him over Hickey, but don't think he's got the heart to play ruck that much.

Look at the quality that's come back to Perth though: Bennell, Matera and Wilson (who's decent but a dip s**t). Did I miss anyone?

Also we did get Tunbridge. :$

And McCarthy lol

True Lobb, still might’ve preferred him over Hickey, but don't think he's got the heart to play ruck that much.

Lobb is better than Hickey in general, and I don’t think it’s at all close.

However, purely as a ruckman, and on the budget we had to spend on our third choice ruckman, Hickey is a no brainer.

Can’t be spending money on guys on Lobb’s level when there’s the Gov, Gaff, Shuey, Yeo, Sheps of the world to pay.

Lobb is better than Hickey in general, and I don’t think it’s at all close.

However, purely as a ruckman, and on the budget we had to spend on our third choice ruckman, Hickey is a no brainer.

Can’t be spending money on guys on Lobb’s level when there’s the Gov, Gaff, Shuey, Yeo, Sheps of the world to pay.

Yeah there's definitely bigger picture stuff to consider when recruiting.

Trade for Hickey - Downgrade pick 39 to pick 61 (Cameron) who we would’ve taken with 39 anyway as the draft panned out. We also swapped our 2019 4th round pick for St Kildas

Trade for Lobb - picks 11 and 19 for Lobb, 14,43 and 47. That trade cost Fremantle the opportunity to draft Jordan Clark

Hickey is probably on about half as much as Lobb salary wise

Lobb was a much better fit at Fremantle than he would have been for us and it’s no surprise we didn’t chase him too hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From one of BF members post...

If the Suns ever go belly up ..I think it may be good for everyone that a 3rd wa side was introduced. WC is bordering T-Rex status atm.. they have a huge stadium in wa now .. and its almost unhealthy to have such a unbalance control in that state. Maybe its to late...

tenor.gif

If the Suns ever go belly up ..I think it may be good for everyone that a 3rd wa side was introduced. WC is bordering T-Rex status atm.. they have a huge stadium in wa now .. and its almost unhealthy to have such a unbalance control in that state. Maybe its to late...

View attachment 633675
If a third side was introduced from WA about half the lavenders supporter base would move camps.

View attachment 633675

I'd love to see this post illustrated as some bizarro Terry Gilliam animation.

The connections they're making are next level bonkers.

It's concerning to hear how many Freo fans are still putting their eggs in the Sandi and Fyfe basket.

Sandi is a geriatric who is worth zero around the ground these days and Fyfe...always seems to be labouring under an injury cloud.

I fear before too long they will have fallen into the vague and slightly hollow pre-season optimism that Sainter fans seem to have become expert in.

It's concerning delightful to hear how many Freo fans are still putting their eggs in the Sandi and Fyfe basket.

Sandi is a geriatric who is worth zero around the ground these days and Fyfe...always seems to be labouring under an injury cloud.

I fear gleefully predict before too long they will have fallen into the vague and slightly hollow pre-season optimism that Sainter fans seem to have become expert in.
FTFY

View attachment 633675

Freo were introduced in the 90s to curb the rampaging Eagles. It didn't stop us, and the purps ongoing culture of sh*tness and failure is both a blight on the game and a testament to their roots.

Now people wanna do it again?

So whats the plan? Keep creating WA sides until the Eagles stop being good?

F*cken numpties...

Not having Sandilands is one of the go to excuses already popping up on their board.

If you sign a 76 year old broken husk of a giant, you have to expect to not get 22 games a year from him.

He’s played 26 of their last 66 games. When you sign a guy coming off 39% availability in the three years prior, you have to know he’ll miss some time. Stop factoring him into your team, and just acknowledge that having him occasionally might be a nice cherry on top for a handful of games per year.

Poor bugger must just want to be able to rest.

Freo were introduced in the 90s to curb the rampaging Eagles. It didn't stop us, and the purps ongoing culture of sh*tness and failure is both a blight on the game and a testament to their roots.

Now people wanna do it again?

So whats the plan? Keep creating WA sides until the Eagles stop being good?

F*cken numpties...

The richest club in football with one of the largest supporter bases and a stranglehold on their market may stutter if we introduce a fledgling competitor.

Seems wise as hell, let’s give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back