Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
”With Hayden (Ballantyne), he’s 31, kicked four in his last game and is playing really good football. Our ball movement will really help him and I wouldn’t be surprised if he kicks 40 goals.

“It’s really important what (Luke) Hodge is doing at Brisbane.”

Oh my. Not to bang on about Ross Lyon, but he’s on some next level press tour and is just setting himself up for failure.

Last time the Dockers had a player kick over 40 goals was 2014.

Hayden Ballantyne’s goals by season: 10, 33, 23, 31, 34, 49 (WE DID IT!), 15, 26, 11, 11.

I don’t want to say it’s definitely not going to happen, but I will. It’s definitely not going to happen.

It distracts them from the reality of how s**t their team is, so they need every escape they can get.

The same group also still hero worship Jeff Farmer/Dale Kickett/Steven Dodd. Heck they famously celebrate the last one as "one punch Dodd" still.

It distracts them from the reality of how s**t their ( team ) CLUB is, so they need every escape they can get.

The same group also still hero worship Jeff Farmer/Dale Kickett/Steven Dodd. Heck they famously celebrate the last one as "one punch Dodd" still.

Little rewrite....... if I may ........ see the bolded bit above.

"We have heard our members loud and clear, they want sustained high performance on and off the field that wins us premierships. That is now a key pillar of our vision."

Revolutionary stuff.
Does make you wonder what their “vision” has been this entire time.. Carlton’s only just figuring out we play professional sport to win trophies.

Does make you wonder what their “vision” has been this entire time.. Carlton’s only just figuring out we play professional sport to win trophies.

Taken them this long to figure out you can’t buy flags with an open cheque book like how they built their success on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ise-of-the-nba-fashion-stylist-ng-b881135194z

Seriously, who the **** is interested in this s**t. Not surprised capt figjam is mentioned
Any player with any self respect needs to stay well clear of the peripheral idiocy that Alex Rance and Fyfe have embraced wholeheartedly. Australians cant stand that yank fake look-at-me s**t.

A bunch of AFL suits have clearly been on expensive junkets and justified the diversion of funds from grassroots footy by dreaming up the sort of AFLX US razzmatazz bullshit we all cringe at.

Aside from dressing up like an idiot Fyfe was also inexplicably allowed by Freo to play AFLX while injured and required surgery after. Freo way to go!!

Last edited:
Any player with any self respect need to stay well clear of the peripheral idiocy that Alex Rance and Fyfe have embraced wholeheartedly. People like me cant stand that yank fake look-at-me s**t.

49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...ise-of-the-nba-fashion-stylist-ng-b881135194z

Seriously, who the **** is interested in this s**t. Not surprised capt figjam is mentioned

Most likely it’s directed at impressionable youngsters- ‘glamour and celebrity’
And gives them the impression that these footballers are free to express themselves etc. Which is obviously utter bs

‘some argue it's time to loosen the reins further on players' creative expression.’

Nothing could be further from the truth- beholden to their bank account managers, these ‘role models’ parrot (without question) the $narrative$

Judd called it out years ago, the absurdity of football players as role models
The thing with Judd is he was a once in a lifetime player. And far less expendable. 99.9% are not and (unfortunately believe) they have to tow the line/ lie

Any player with any self respect need to stay well clear of the peripheral idiocy that Alex Rance and Fyfe have embraced wholeheartedly. Australians cant stand that yank fake look-at-me s**t.

A bunch of AFL suits have clearly been on expensive junkets and justified the diversion of funds from grassroots footy by dreaming up sort of AFLX US razzmatazz bullshit we all cringe at.

Aside from dressing up like an idiot Fyfe was also inexplicably allowed by Freo to play AFLX while injured and required surgery after. Freo way to go!!

Good point re grassroots footy
Grassroots anything is an anathema to $them$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back