Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some real head-in-the-sand stuff going on over on the Freo board.

"No bad culture! No bad culture! You're the bad culture!"

They've got players going out on the p*ss and not meeting training expectations, their coach has had sexual harrassment sh*t levelled against him, their captain is the biggest "look at moi" flog since Warwick Capper and they don't reckon they have culture issues?

They need to do what we did and have a massive clean out. Turf the coach, p*ss off the players who are known troublemakers, fix the culture and then work on rebuilding the list from the ground up. Take a half-decade of pain and come back as a professional-looking outfit with squeaky bums.

Of course, none of that will happen because that's how we became successful, and they cant be seen copying Big Brother.

They've got players going out on the p*ss and not meeting training expectations, their coach has had sexual harrassment sh*t levelled against him, their captain is the biggest "look at moi" flog since Warwick Capper and they don't reckon they have culture issues?

They need to do what we did and have a massive clean out. Turf the coach, p*ss off the players who are known troublemakers, fix the culture and then work on rebuilding the list from the ground up. Take a half-decade of pain and come back as a professional-looking outfit with squeaky bums.

Of course, none of that will happen because that's how we became successful, and they cant be seen copying Big Brother.

I think Fyfe has actually kept his head down lately. Right when he needs to be setting a strong leadership example :drunk:

This is a pretty amazing implosion, even by Fremantles standards.

I think Fyfe has actually kept his head down lately. Right when he needs to be setting a strong leadership example :drunk:

This is a pretty amazing implosion, even by Fremantles standards.
El_ahrairah likes this

Every journalist has it out for them, every negative article is Eagles PR.

Mark Duffield is the only journo they put any stock in, except when he says Lachie Neale left because the work rate and attitude within the club didn’t impress him, then it’s fingers in ears time again. Good riddance, they didn’t want Neale anyway, you see.

God bless the Freo board.

Mark Duffield is the only journo they put any stock in, except when he says Lachie Neale left because the work rate and attitude within the club didn’t impress him, then it’s fingers in ears time again. Good riddance, they didn’t want Neale anyway, you see.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did get rid of the HR Manager in an effort to strengthen the culture.

Every indiscretion by a freo player is amplified and blown out of proportion by the eagles controlled WA media whilst eagles misdemeanours are played down or buried

They are special. Also stumbled across this little nugget

“We finally got to a GF and dominated...but couldn't kick straight so lost by 15”

You set 'em up. I'll knock 'em down

giphy.gif

Poster on the Freo board saying Herald Sun is reporting that Hogan was asked to leave a sponsors function in December for being too drunk.

Ignoring this Saturday night incident, I have no reason to believe alcohol is his biggest off-field vice.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he were hammered at functions, but that’s also not the end of the world. You don’t get illicit substance strikes for being a bit drunk and making a dick of yourself in front of the sponsors. I’d be more worried about his repeat behaviours that may lead to those.

Nothing wrong with occasionally having MDMA, a nose beer, a few too many drinks... in the confines of your house with a small circle of trusted mates, and at the right time, so as not to interfere with work.

But out in public... What an idiot.

Poster on the Freo board saying Herald Sun is reporting that Hogan was asked to leave a sponsors function in December for being too drunk.

Saw that post. Also noted the comment that it seemed the media were well aware of these stories

But I thought the media only ignored stories about eagles players so I must have read that bit wrong

Hogan is training later this week , I think he will only miss one or two games ...had a bender and got caught out .

Think Jesse is right to play just up to what Freo throw in as a suspension .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back