Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I hate the overly PC garbage of today, but, (I'll duck for cover after I say this) in some ways, a small way, I agree with that dude being called out for being too loud. Now I know we all pay our money to go the footy blah blah, we can boo, yell scream at whoever, whatever we want, but it's the overly aggressive stuff that gets on my nerves.

Heaps of people calling up 6PR this arvo on this topic saying "I'm not swearing, I'm not being racist etc, I might boo and hiss and scream, and these people with young kids told me to pipe down" I tell you what, If that's me at the footy with my young kids, I'd do the same. They may not be swearing, but they're being overly loud, argumentative and agressive, and it's not something kids need to see, or us as parents feel like we have to explain why this grown adult is acting like and absolute knob, and arguing with everyone around them. I'm all for a few beers and having a cheer, and a boo, but if someone feels the need to tell you you're being to loud and obnoxious, chances are, you are, and everyone around you is feeling the same, but doesn't want to say anything. I don't want crowds to sit there silent like at the tennis, but yelling and screaming like a banshee just isn't a good look, nor is it necessary, for any self respecting adult.

People in Perth in general are overly aggressive, in a lot of aspects of day to day life. Drive on the freeway every day and you'll see it. Idiots changing lanes every 2 minutes to try and get one car ahead cause where they're going is so much more imprtant that anyone else. The fact we can't merge is an exact by product of this. People are like "Nup, you're not getting in front of me" I've gone off topic I know, but I do in part, agree with telling idiots that yell and scream non stop, or are being way over the top, to pull their heads in stop being a flog.

First of all, I hate the overly PC garbage of today, but, (I'll duck for cover after I say this) in some ways, a small way, I agree with that dude being called out for being too loud. Now I know we all pay our money to go the footy blah blah, we can boo, yell scream at whoever, whatever we want, but it's the overly aggressive stuff that gets on my nerves.

Heaps of people calling up 6PR this arvo on this topic saying "I'm not swearing, I'm not being racist etc, I might boo and hiss and scream, and these people with young kids told me to pipe down" I tell you what, If that's me at the footy with my young kids, I'd do the same. They may not be swearing, but they're being overly loud, argumentative and agressive, and it's not something kids need to see, or us as parents feel like we have to explain why this grown adult is acting like and absolute knob, and arguing with everyone around them. I'm all for a few beers and having a cheer, and a boo, but if someone feels the need to tell you you're being to loud and obnoxious, chances are, you are, and everyone around you is feeling the same, but doesn't want to say anything. I don't want crowds to sit there silent like at the tennis, but yelling and screaming like a banshee just isn't a good look, nor is it necessary, for any self respecting adult.

People in Perth in general are overly aggressive, in a lot of aspects of day to day life. Drive on the freeway every day and you'll see it. Idiots changing lanes every 2 minutes to try and get one car ahead cause where they're going is so much more imprtant that anyone else. The fact we can't merge is an exact by product of this. People are like "Nup, you're not getting in front of me" I've gone off topic I know, but I do in part, agree with telling idiots that yell and scream non stop, or are being way over the top, to pull their heads in stop being a flog.
This is all you'll be allowed to do soon anyway so you won't have to worry about it

In general I don't worry about it, but if someone's being a knob, I've got no issue with them being called out on it. The whole, but I didn't swear or say anything racist doesn't cut it. If you're being an obnoxious flog, no one wants to sit near that.

In general I don't worry about it, but if someone's being a knob, I've got no issue with them being called out on it. The whole, but I didn't swear or say anything racist doesn't cut it. If you're being an obnoxious flog, no one wants to sit near that.
Yeah that's fair and I have no problem if someone's being abusive, swearing excessively etc etc but from all reports fans are being removed from stadiums for very minor things. If the afl wants to go down that route all power to them but I think they're going to lose a lot of fans over it. People don't like to be told what they can and can't say and I think something like this could be the final straw for a lot of people after a long list of sh!t sandwiches the AFL has served up to fans over the last few years.

I hear what you are saying and think there maybe some common sense in there. In the past crowds could self police themselves, ie you could tell the person being a dickhead to sit down and shut up, and they tell you to * off but generally tone it down to reasonable level. With the number of crowd brawls earlier in the year, I think people are less likely to tell others to shut up for fear of coping an upper cut to the jaw, hence the increased police/security stepping in.

There are however a few flaws to this logic. If the fans being evicted were overly aggressive, people around them, would have called them out in the media, whereas pretty much the opposite is true. Secondly the AFL is run by complete idiots who are reactionary and are probably cracking down on crowd behaviour because the Adam Goodes doco is being released and paints them in a poor light

Haha surely can't be serious, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was.
Honestly the AFL are really putting me off football at the moment, I think this season is probably the least amount of football I've watched in my life.

Same, 10 years ago.id watch every game. Now lucky to watch more than 2

If people actually did any of the "peasant revolt" stuff to show their disapproval and started attending state league games in lieu of AFL matches the AFL hierarchy might sit up and take notice.

Imagine if 50k eagles fans and 35k dockers fans all attended WAFL fixtures one weekend instead of Optus. It would be like 2 months of WAFL attendance in a single weekend. Imagine the state of the toilets and panic in the eyes of the chip fryers if they had 10k to a WAFL ground these days

But folks won't do that. Just like all those schemes to not buy petrol on a certain day to send a message to the oil companies.

We are all just lazy whingers when it comes down to it and while the money rolls in those at the top will do as they please.

If people went to the WAFL they might just fall in love with footy again. Cheap beers, you can listen to the coach do the pep talk, have a kick of the footy on the oval. And you get to see the stars of the future. I still remember Lewis Jetta as a young buck streaming down the wing at Basso, and people flocking to see a teenage Nic Naitanui do freaky stuff.
One of my favourite memories is marching back to the SDFC clubhouse to get drunk after the 2010 GF. Hit up the WAFL!

Same, 10 years ago.id watch every game. Now lucky to watch more than 2
I start watching games with the intention of watching the whole thing.

Get my beers etc ready.

Most games within a half Im flicking channels

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

The style of play is unwatchable for the most part. I don't mind low scoring games, but when 7/9 are snooze fests every week it's too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only go out of my way to watch West Coast games now.

Might catch a couple more because of Kayo making it more convenient, but I would never sit down and watch it without something else going at the same time.

Longmire is a one trick pony who is past his used by date. His success at Syndey is more to do with "list management" (eg Cola, academies etc) than coaching.

HIS ONE TRICK SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH TO RELIABLY SMOKE US UNFORTUNATELY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back