Opposition Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Casson

Premium Gold
Jun 27, 2008
South Korea
AFL Club
West Coast
Carlton player just kicked the ball to a teammate from behind his own goal. Like he marked near his goal square, slid over the line, turned around whilst standing behind the goal umpire and kicked it to a teammate for an easier shot, all while behind the goals.

Is that legal?
Definitely wasn't legal in the past. Now I don't even know.

WCE_phil

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Carlton player just kicked the ball to a teammate from behind his own goal. Like he marked near his goal square, slid over the line, turned around whilst standing behind the goal umpire and kicked it to a teammate for an easier shot, all while behind the goals.

Is that legal?
Yes it is unless he runs off his line or kicks in between the other posts.

HoneyBadger35

Friends, Family, Flex
Aug 11, 2011
Gaffy's Dojo
AFL Club
West Coast
Feel very positive that we won’t just play into Richmond’s hands like Carlton (and most of these stupid teams) are. Just bang the ball long, every time.

Wide open? Bang it long.
Under pressure? s**t. Bang it long.

Would love to see how Richmond look in a game where the other team isn’t just handing them the footy ad nauseum.

Jimmy_the_Gent

Above the law
Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Mitch McGovern is basically a clone of Levi Casboult. What the fu** were they thinking picking him up?
Picking him up wasn't the issue but Carlton-ing him is.

He had a back problem in the pre-season right? Looks like a guy who hasn't recovered from a back injury to me.

But Carlton obviously need him back for their top 12 push.

Shuestar13

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
A legitimate waste of talent... No work ethic, lazy and lacking commitment in all aspects.
He appears to be better today... but a long way to go to be a consistent and elite player. Not a patch on our Gov ❤

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HoneyBadger35

Friends, Family, Flex
Aug 11, 2011
Gaffy's Dojo
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond 73, Carlton 45. Carlton fought back and Tigers made it look better with two late goals (including one after the siren).

Carlton spent the entire first half playing into Richmond’s hands, blindly bombing and desperately playing on at all costs. Didn’t see the second half, but I assume they tidied that up given the scoreline.

Eagles methodically, surgical, Hurn to Gaff to Shep to Gaff gameplay could really trouble them.

HoneyBadger35

Friends, Family, Flex
Aug 11, 2011
Gaffy's Dojo
AFL Club
West Coast
Was genuinely afraid of Richmond until I saw them play today. Massively, massively overrated. Scoreline was completely flattering, Carlton were right in the contest. I’d be more afraid of playing Carlton again that Richmond.
File under ‘posts that will get bumped within one minute of the siren’.

I agree that our game plan is perfect to slow them. When it hits the deck, they run manic pressure and force turnovers. If we can retain possession with the slow build, it renders them very average defensively.

woosha24

Premium Platinum
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
File under ‘posts that will get bumped within one minute of the siren’.

I agree that our game plan is perfect to slow them. When it hits the deck, they run manic pressure and force turnovers. If we can retain possession with the slow build, it renders them very average defensively.
TBH I reckon we are actually really good in manic congestion. So many look-away handballs land on the head of an Eagles player running into space.

Top Bottom