Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread on the Freo board comparing Naitanui to Kepler Bradley didn't age well :p

Don't worry - their are still plenty who didn't think he did much last night

Aside from ripping them a new a-hole in the ruck and kickstarting numerous goals - he didn't do much.

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve got an 8 year old freo supporter at home who went to bed bitterly disappointed with what happened last night. Despite our best efforts the boy remains devoted the the violet crumble and as exhilarating as it was for us blue n gold bleeders, he went to bed heartbroken for the umpteenth time in his few years of following football.

My question is: what the * is happening with freo? Seriously, what are they even doing? Is it because they’re so obsessed with their borrowed “history” and culture they’re forgetting about premierships? I don’t know. I keep telling my boy it’s just a game but when he sees us celebrating week in week out and here is his team who are just so disappointing. Believe me, if I could get him to come to our side it would have happened but he has posters of Walters, Pav, and Fyfe plastering his bedroom walls.

FFS I can’t believe that even I am having a rant about the Purple Hearts lack of success!

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve got an 8 year old freo supporter at home who went to bed bitterly disappointed with what happened last night. Despite our best efforts the boy remains devoted the the violet crumble and as exhilarating as it was for us blue n gold bleeders, he went to bed heartbroken for the umpteenth time in his few years of following football.

My question is: what the fu** is happening with freo? Seriously, what are they even doing? Is it because they’re so obsessed with their borrowed “history” and culture they’re forgetting about premierships? I don’t know. I keep telling my boy it’s just a game but when he sees us celebrating week in week out and here is his team who are just so disappointing. Believe me, if I could get him to come to our side it would have happened but he has posters of Walters, Pav, and Fyfe plastering his bedroom walls.

FFS I can’t believe that even I am having a rant about the Purple Hearts lack of success!
Good on him for staying loyal, it must be hard when you follow that rabble especially at that age.

My question is: what the fu** is happening with freo? Seriously, what are they even doing? Is it because they’re so obsessed with their borrowed “history” and culture they’re forgetting about premierships? I don’t know. I keep telling my boy it’s just a game but when he sees us celebrating week in week out and here is his team who are just so disappointing. Believe me, if I could get him to come to our side it would have happened but he has posters of Walters, Pav, and Fyfe plastering his bedroom walls.

Only 8? Trade them in and start again.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Believe me, if I could get him to come to our side it would have happened but he has posters of Walters, Pav, and Fyfe plastering his bedroom walls.

How does an 8 year old have a poster of Pav? He would have been 5 when he retired? Sounds to me like someone is enabling the lad.......

Just sit the boy down and say "Son. I know you love Fremantle. But it's important to know that the Dockers are a lot like life - you look to the future and see a potential glimmer of hope and light, but then you get there and its nothing but utter, crushing failure. The lesson is: never try".

And then do a floss at him.

fomoco04

1992, 1994, 2006, 2018
Jun 18, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Deportivo, Man U

Bigger question is how has this been allowed to happen under your watch?

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

The freo faithful wear the losses like a badge. They think it reflects their own lives. They say it’s the underdog spirit that will enable them to one day rise from the ashes.

I say it’s been 50 something years since st Kilda won a premiership, so buckle in for a long ride because freo are way behind them.

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
How does an 8 year old have a poster of Pav? He would have been 5 when he retired? Sounds to me like someone is enabling the lad.......

His great grandfather bought into all the “culture and history” hoopla and was a passionate purple. Pav was his favourite of all time until he passed away 2 years ago. The youngest carried it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
What is the best result between GWS and Brisbane? GWS have the higher percentage that we will not be able to make up (comapred to Brisbane) but they also have a harder run home than Brisbane imo.
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Maybe a GWS win is better for us.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Just turned the Melbourne game on, looks like they are flat out trying to injure Carlton players in every contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back