Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Exactly. The last thing we want is to finish third and play GWS at Spotless wk 1. I have no fear of playing Brisbane at home in a week on qualifying final.
I dunno.

Id actually rather play GWS.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brisbane winning here and then going down to Port next week would be ideal.

I think that’s probably the biggest factor as to why Brisbane is the go here. A young promising side like Brisbane are very dangerous on a game by game basis, but season long they’re still likely to drop a silly game here or there. Inexperience can cost teams in surprising ways, and I think it might be what undoes their top four pursuit.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Witnessing top-tier talent getting well-beaten by what is rapidly becoming a top-tier team.

Get the feeling that there are several players for GWS who are more concerned with the details of their contract than club.

Brisbane on the other hand look like a team where everybody has bought into the plan and is playing their role.

Lincoln McCarthy has to be the bargain pickup of this year. Points equivalent of pick 61 is all they paid. There looks to be a great deal of upside about him.

So turns out maybe the loss in Round 1 to Brisbane away wasn't that much of an upset after all.

Also must be mildly amusing for many that Lachie Neale left a sinking ship at the right time. Hope he wins the Brownlow too to top it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Youd think the lions would have this from here?

Are they a threat in september? Or will their finals inexperience see them become a deer in the headlights.

I cant see them drinking.their own bathwater like the dees continually do.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah we have to be very careful with how we report it. Unless there’s conclusive evidence it was a suicide attempt then it’s best to steer clear of labelling it one. No one saw what happened with Majak, he could very well have just slipped as unlikely as it seems.
Agree about needing to be sensitive and careful when reporting or discussing suicide.

However there is no chance it was an accident sadly. Drove up the freeway to the bolte bridge (which has barriers, but I am not sure if they were there at the time). Had to climb significant concrete barriers to be able to get off the bridge. Was also reported that he was lucky to hit water as he was close to the river edge.

Hoping he is in a better headspace and feels empowered to ask for help, as should anyone who feels they need it.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After Round 13, there was just one game separating us and the purples. We were coming up against an Essendon side stringing together some wins and knocking on the door of the top eight, and Freo were coming up against a Melbourne side that had just lost four straight.

Three weeks later, we are now four games clear of the Dockers.

Life is damn good.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
After Round 13, there was just one game separating us and the purples. We were coming up against an Essendon side stringing together some wins and knocking on the door of the top eight, and Freo were coming up against a Melbourne side that had just lost four straight.

Life is damn good.

Let's call it the Jonathan Brown Effect.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Are they a threat in september? Or will their finals inexperience see them become a deer in the headlights.

I think they would be fine in a home final situation, the problem would obviously be on the road.

For example, the Lions have played at the MCG just 16 times in the last 10 years. With a young side it makes a recipe for disaster.

It's been 5 years since they have won a match at the MCG. 15 years since they won multiple matches there in the same season.

I expect 2020 is when we will see a real threat from the Lions to emerge.

YEOLO

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Youd think the lions would have this from here?

I cant see them drinking.their own bathwater like the dees continually do.
Could easily see them win a final at the Gabba but against a Geel/Coll/Rich at the MCG or a Wce at Optus, I think the pressure and lack of Finals experience would get to them. Could see them being like us against the Hawks in 2015 or Dees against us in 2018.

^^ Dylan82 beat me to it.

Let's call it the Jonathan Brown Effect.

The article was published on 18 June, two days before the Bombers game so that is actually a really good call.

They’re the best last-quarter team in the competition

Since that time in 3 games, Dockers have scored 30 in last quarters (4.6) compared to opponents scoring 91 (14.7)

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Life is damn good.

Yes what happened , I was thinking Freo were a team on the up and now probably miss out on the eight ............but then I realised trade week is coming up and they need good picks thats there entltlement , sure there is disapponitment and such but they'll be strutting there stuff come trade week .

Some massive games next weekend with none bigger than our clash with the pies

West Coast (2) v Collingwood (3)
Essendon (9) v north (10)
Richmond (6) v GWS (5)
Port (7) v Brisbane (4)

If we can win and port beat Brisbane we’ll be 2 games clear of 3rd and 3 games clear of 6th with six rounds left

Massive game

Lose and we could drop to 4th if Brisbane beat port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back