Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

madfx

All Australian
Apr 7, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
No worse than the one paid to Brown in the ruck contest. Swings and roundabouts.
Just watching on my phone so missed that one but was it a dubious free paid in the goal square with a minute to go?

Doesn't matter what they say some frees matter more than others and that was an ump plucking one out of his ******* arse

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Just watching on my phone so missed that one but was it a dubious free paid in the goal square with a minute to go?

Doesn't matter what they say some frees matter more than others and that was an ump plucking one out of his ******* arse
Got paid a block, but was no where near it. Brisbane had the momentum so I doubt it would have lead to a North win, but probably would have resulted in a draw I reckon. Freo won on the back of non-calls as well, really garbage umpiring in both games though. Worst of the season by a fair margin imo

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah this. Tassie is a freezing cold sh*thole and the Hawks play well down there. Massive danger game for the Lions.

All we gotta do is just keep winning and dont get any more serious injuries.

Lions won there last year I think, and have had the wood over the Hawks for a while. Clarkson may pull out some strategy to score an upset.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham

Well there was 3 or 4 minutes to go and it was a boundary throw in next to the point post, it was even better ruck craft than Gawns last week.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I love how the AFL will claim a win with all the tight games this year, when really, it was a complete fluke.

But that was an exhilarating 50 point game.

And once again I'm reminded how good it is to follow a club with good ball skills. Especially having lived through the fallow years in the late Woosha period. Freo is the perfect juxtaposition (brag, I did high school English) with 2019 WC. And it is a hardddddd watch.
Yeah I’m happy we get to watch us every week. Don’t watch many neutral games but did today, and gee it was hard to watch. Made me realise how much we take our guys kicking for granted. Some of the skills today were horrendous. Reckon I’d only be able to sit and watch us, GWS or Geelong play a game of footy and not want to switch off half way through.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Once Mundy retires I reckon Freo will fall off a cliff.

Tough times ahead for the Dockers.

Lucky theyve had so much succ.... oh
Lucky they've got a coach who is a master rebuilder. After the devastation of a GF loss he has rebuilt them to within shouting distance of the top 8, and if they fall off a cliff I have full faith that he can rebuild them all over again.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I’m happy we get to watch us every week. Don’t watch many neutral games but did today, and gee it was hard to watch. Made me realise how much we take our guys kicking for granted. Some of the skills today were horrendous. Reckon I’d only be able to sit and watch us, GWS or Geelong play a game of footy and not want to switch off half way through.
Absolutely, our handball in close and boundary hugging kicks are certainly a cut above.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Once Mundy retires I reckon Freo will fall off a cliff.

Tough times ahead for the Dockers.

Lucky theyve had so much succ.... oh

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Had to laugh when commentator interviewing Brayshaw asked him if that was the best game he has played in.
They certainly aint spoiled for choice are they.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
True.................... but the question is in what year.

I will have long departed planet Earth when that day comes.

Hope my grandchildren ( yet to be born ) never have to witness the Flogs first Flag.
Am not sure that any of their players can actually spell the word “flag” let alone win one.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Top 4 and I'll be happy. Dont think we can win the flag from 5th or 6th. 2nd would be a handy bonus if the cards fall that way.
Want 2 home finals so am going to be greedy & say I would like us to finish 2nd. By finishing 3rd or 4th means our first final will be played away possibly at Geelong, MCG or the Gabba depending how the ladder finishes up at seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back