Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the club wanted sandi to continue.

Ballas wanta to continue? BAHAHAHAHAHA

giphy.gif

Happy that Sandi finally gets to retire after the Fremantle Football Club dragged his broken body through the mud again and again just to squeeze any last bits of output from him. Deadset decent bloke and always a challenge to combat.

Using this opportunity to throwback to the defining moment of his career, the time that (according to the Freo board) Nic Naitanui intentionally sniped him in this routine marking contest.

Geelong set to play home qualifying final at MCG as AFL rules out GMHBA Stadium as finals venue

THE AFL is determined to schedule a Thursday night week one final but has officially ruled out a GMHBA Stadium final in September.

The league is desperate to maximise its attendances across the season, hopeful it could break last year’s home-and-away record attendance in the next fortnight.

Looks like no finals in Geelong regardless of matchup. Then again, the article does say...
The Eagles hosted West Coast in 2016...

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Compounded by an Auskick-esque “he tried” ruling for Mzungu’s mark, which was the only reason they kicked it in in the first place.

Such a great finish to a Fremantle home derby though, karma at every level.

3 diabolical decisions in a row:
1. Mzungu 'mark'
2. Rosa 'deliberate' that was completely at odds with how that was adjudicated at the time.
3. Ballantyne kick from 5m inside the field of play. Should've been play-on and hence game over as soon as he crossed the boundary line.

Inside Bull

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
3. Ballantyne kick from 5m inside the field of play. Should've been play-on and hence game over as soon as he crossed the boundary line.

The third point made me think... for an after the siren shot could the man "on the mark" actually stand a few metres back to trick the kicker into overstepping the mark and thus playing on and ending the game? (No, I didn't watch the video, was it a similar situation?)

The third point made me think... for an after the siren shot could the man "on the mark" actually stand a few metres back to trick the kicker into overstepping the mark and thus playing on and ending the game? (No, I didn't watch the video, was it a similar situation?)

Lynch who was on the mark was actually standing in the wrong location.
If he was standing in the right spot Ballantyne running around would have been a lot more noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back