Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is I think that Fyfe will bradbury his way to a Brownlow.

Who else in that s**t stained team will get votes. Walters, Hill and....

What a waste of players careers there, cancer.

Mate I'd be telling Kelly, play with us if you want a successful and fulfilling career, but we ain't selling the farm for you. If you want your $800k.+ rotting in hell, by all means get on down to shitmantle.

... this coming from the guy hanging out on the Freo board talking about us losing to the Hawks...
Misread my post mate, was replying to someone who had a list of things that had to go right for freo to make finals. I was just suggesting we theoretically could lose to Hawthorn to let them in above them.

And what the hell is with the stupid thunder and flashing lights thing, celebrating like they've won a premiership after they kick a goal? I half expected purple confetti to start dropping down from the stadium roof. I mean I know goals are few and far between for the Cockburn faithful but its seriously cringe-worthy stuff.

And what the hell is with the stupid thunder and flashing lights thing, celebrating like they've won a premiership after they kick a goal? I half expected purple confetti to start dropping down from the stadium roof. I mean I know goals are few and far between for the Cockburn faithful but its seriously cringe-worthy stuff.

The thunder is probably to help remember their only linked premiership from Peel.

I went to their home game it is cringe with the thunder song and flashing lights . This poor little docker kid was next to us so sad he only goes for the flashing lights and Dockers didnt score much . We piled on something like 15 straight . Even I celebrated a docker goal with him when they finally got one .

Cant help but worry that we may lose our last two games and finish 5th. Hawks suddenly have everything to play for and we'd be coming off a 6 day break in a wet slog.

in b4 someone calls me a negative campaigner
😂 Hey its only forecast to rain for 3 hours from start of game til end of game other than that its a fine day .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those two teams beat us by a combined 102 pounts

We managed 15.14 total in those two games, 6.2 of which came in the first quarter against Brisbane

Neither team will be easy
Both beat us away. Neither will get close to us at home. Same could be said for all match ups in top 4 really, top 2 and home ground advantage will be huge in deciding the premiership.

I went to their home game it is cringe with the thunder song and flashing lights . This poor little docker kid was next to us so sad he only goes for the flashing lights and Dockers didnt score much . We piled on something like 15 straight . Even I celebrated a docker goal with him when they finally got one .
Lol, I did the same at that derby. Joke of a club.

One of the guys I went to the game with has just come over here from the UK so we took him to his first game yesterday. He lives in Freo so (despite my repeated warnings) chose Cockburn as his football team. It was hilarious to see his reactions throughout the game, he'd get all excited when the dockers would kick a couple of goals and get his hopes up only for the bombers to pile on the next few goals from stupid dockers turnovers. He got angry at first but then as the game went on he just looked disappointed and deflated when it would happen over and over again. By the end of the game he had his head in hands wondering what he'd done to himself. It was amazing to see, he looked like he'd been having his hopes crushed by Cockburn for his entire life by the end of the game.

Last edited:
Good win by Brissy , even though I had a small interest in the Cats to win ..

Loled at Danger playing on to advantage from a Geelong free kick paid 12 metres out directly in front ..Silly campaigner ..

One of the guys I went to the game with has just come over here from the UK so we took him to his first game yesterday. He lives in Freo so (despite my repeated warnings) chose Cockburn as his football team. It was hilarious to see his reactions throughout the game, he'd get all excited when the dockers would kick a couple of goals and get his hopes up only for the bombers to pile on the next few goals from stupid dockers turnovers. He got angry at first but then as the game went on he just looked disappointed and deflated when it would happen over and over again. By the end of the game he had his head in hands wondering what he'd done to himself. It was amazing to see, he looked like he'd been having his hopes crushed by Cockburn for his entire life by the end of the game.

Adelaide moving back onto the 8 despite getting smashed, purely because their cross-town rival was smashed even harder, is one of the funniest things of the season so far :straining:
I dare say no one will mention football at the water cooler come Monday morning in Adelaide.

“How’s that Steve Smith eh?” - would be my ice breaker..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back