Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they rested nearly everyone in rd23 2013 v stK and lost by 71 points.l at Etihad.

They then flew back to Geelong with a stronger fresh line up and beat the cats at home by 15 points.

Which gave them a home prelim where they beat Sydney comfortably.

They lost to a pretty good team in the GF.

Just saying he did ok on that occasion old Ross.

The fact we (hopefully) have a home final in week 1 we may not rest as many.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't they do it in 2015 as well or was it someone else? It's not like the AFL to take a couple of years to consider the Implications of a rule change. Surely someone did it in 2015 which triggered the change for 2016.

Nah they rested nearly everyone in rd23 2013 v stK and lost by 71 points.l at Etihad.

They then flew back to Geelong with a stronger fresh line up and beat the cats at home by 15 points.

Which gave them a home prelim where they beat Sydney comfortably.

They lost to a pretty good team in the GF.

Just saying he did ok on that occasion old Ross.

The fact we (hopefully) have a home final in week 1 we may not rest as many.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon they would have won that GF if Ross didn't sub off Clarke. Meant Lake didn't have to be accountable and he destroyed that last quarter with no man and won a Norm Smith.

Didn't they do it in 2015 as well or was it someone else? It's not like the AFL to take a couple of years to consider the Implications of a rule change. Surely someone did it in 2015 which triggered the change for 2016.
North tanked their last game in 2015 in order to stay in Melbourne and play Richmond first week of finals. Had North won they risked finishing 7th and playing a final in Adelaide. Well, that's now I remember it.

Bit jealous that Freo seems to be able to extract form out of their senior players for longer than we can.
Freo typically play 2-4 games less per season than us. Over a 10 year career it is another whole seasons wear and tear on a West Coast player.

Fairly sure Lyon pulled that s**t at least twice. I think North might have got in on the act the second time as well, which triggered the AFL to introduce the bye.

I could be wrong though.

2013 V Saints lost by 71
2015 V Port lost by 69

Lyon gave out a lot of token games to the depth / youth players in those games

North tanked their last game in 2015 in order to stay in Melbourne and play Richmond first week of finals. Had North won they risked finishing 7th and playing a final in Adelaide. Well, that's now I remember it.

Bingo, and they should have copped a fine for 'administrative issues' like Melbourne. Or just kicked out of finals like when you tank a group stage in the Olympics for an easier final.

I would be disappointed if Mundy got a game in our team. Solid player but pretty slow these days. Could probably replace Hutch but that's about it.

Freo keeps their Vets around because they don't have anyone to replace them. Cox's body would've let him play 300 games, we just needed to get games into Lycett instead.

He buys and sells Sheed and Ah Chee even now.

He murdered us in centre clearances in the derby.

Sportsday‏ @SportsdayRadio 3m3 minutes ago
Chris Fagan re: Nick Robertson calling the Suns soft: "Within the walls of the club he says what he thinks, but if he had his time again I think he'd take them back. Nevertheless, it's great motivation for the Gold Coast Suns and we'll be preparing for them this weekend"

Sportsday‏ @SportsdayRadio 2m2 minutes ago
Chris Fagan: "He has to front up this weekend. It's going to be on. He needs to put his head over the footy"

LOL

Chris Fagan re: Nick Robertson calling the Suns soft: "Within the walls of the club he says what he thinks, but if he had his time again I think he'd take them back. Nevertheless, it's great motivation for the Gold Coast Suns and we'll be preparing for them this weekend"

Chris Fagan: "He has to front up this weekend. It's going to be on. He needs to put his head over the footy"

LOL
Should be more of it from players.

LOL
Hes not wrong.

LOL
DuJN.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo typically play 2-4 games less per season than us. Over a 10 year career it is another whole seasons wear and tear on a West Coast player.
How does that work out? If you are talking finals in the last 10 years West coast have played 15 finals to the Dockers 11 . 4 is Hardly a full season .

How does that work out? If you are talking finals in the last 10 years West coast have played 15 finals to the Dockers 11 . 4 is Hardly a full season .

Holy s**t it was a joke, Jesus Christ almighty.

It must not be much fun being a Freo supporter.

With some of the comments hard to tell the the tongue in cheek from the BS , But if a joke then .... What was the funny part?

It's an exaggeration of the undeniably true fact that we've been generally more successful on field compared to the Dockers, especially in the past couple of years. That's how humour works around here.

2013 V Saints lost by 71
2015 V Port lost by 69

Lyon gave out a lot of token games to the depth / youth players in those games
Never understood people giving him flack for this tbh. What he did was smart and made complete sense. If we were in the same situation I'd hope our coach would make the same call. Premier League clubs do this sort of thing all the time.

Watch for these purple muppets to start playing the victim again after posting on the oppos board.

With them, it’s always someone else’s fault.
It’s the umpires fault they suck and lose games even at home.
It’s the media’s fault they suck, they keep commenting on how much we suck, driving people away.
It’s West Coast fault, they are better than us and make us look bad. Also, apparently West Coast are also Nazis.
It’s the AFL’s fault also, because why not?

Playing the victim is the oxygen for the average Fremantle fan. The Andrew Gaff thing is the only bit of relevance they have had all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back