Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2016 Finals/offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figure09

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Listen the bye has affected the finals this season. Bulldogs become the first team from 7th to make the grand final. Both home preliminary finals home teams lost that never happens and the extra week off for the qualifying final winners 1 game in 28 days
.. rubbish gill rubbish remove the bye

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
watching the last 2 mins of the game and whitfield cost them a genuine opportunity to score. The handpass from davis inside 50 wasn't too bad but he spent it before getting it. He had COGS on his left with a bit of space and if he got it there to him in time, cogs could have had a shot at goal.

Galileo9

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Arsenal, 49ers
Listen the bye has affected the finals this season. Bulldogs become the first team from 7th to make the grand final. Both home preliminary finals home teams lost that never happens and the extra week off for the qualifying final winners 1 game in 28 days
.. rubbish gill rubbish remove the bye

2in 28 isn't it? 2 in 29?

Stats stats stats.

image.png
image.png

What protected area?

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
whoever thought it was a good idea to let Darcy commentate this game needs to be fired...

I went in wanting the Bulldogs to win, but I tell you what, listening to Darcy rub one out whilst calling this game makes me want to see GWS knock them off.
Agree
Kinda makes you wonder what might have been if we'd brought out A game to that first final instead of wetting ourselves
yes that elimination final proved to me the team had been suffering from a massive hangover from the 2015 GF all year. It's about time they learned how to put that loss behind them. You can't afford to dwell on past failures as they need to adopt some mental toughness going forward.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
BTW the idea of the Swans losing two consecutive GFs from 1st makes me harder than hard can be. But I dont think the dogs can do it. I gave them a sneaky chance against Hawks and GWS. But not against Sydney.
Dogs will win. They want it and they believe.
They show so much heart.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree

yes that elimination final proved to me the team had been suffering from a massive hangover from the 2015 GF all year. It's about time they learned how to put that loss behind them. You can't afford to dwell on past failures as they need to adopt some mental toughness going forward.
A massive issue and a coaching failure.

This season at the SCG (not Subi) we were up agains the Swans late in the game and capitulated for a thrashing. It absolutely had the smell of the GF as players became inward looking, fragile and tentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back