Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2016 Finals/offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he has a say. Not sure how it would work otherwise. Don't have to be a selector to have influence if u r the captain.
Smith like most captains are also on the selection committee. Pretty sure Clarke in his last few games stepped down from the selection committee. So like you said, Smith gets to have his say. Internally Mitch Marsh is highly rated. Imo that 30 by Marsh was as good as a 50 in those trying circumstances. I hope they stick with his brother tho. They gave Khawaja 2 chances in SL when he looked clueless against less trickier opponents in less trickier conditions.

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/
So Clarke actually stood down a good 2 years before his retirement.

I think this was probably due to how Clarke was constantly criticized for his personal relationships with his team mates. If he didn't like you personally you wouldn't play. I'm sure he still had say but just wasn't on the selection committee, so limited the media critics.

I think this was probably due to how Clarke was constantly criticized for his personal relationships with his team mates. If he didn't like you personally you wouldn't play. I'm sure he still had say but just wasn't on the selection committee, so limited the media critics.
that point is to state that the captain is part of the selection committee, unless the wish not to step down.

Pretty sure he has a say. Not sure how it would work otherwise. Don't have to be a selector to have influence if u r the captain.
I agree.

He does have a say- it's the reason wade is keeping at the moment, I believe.

MMarsh is there for the support to the seamers- I don't think anyone in their right mind would have suggested okeefe would take 12 this match. I am also unsure of the faith that they have in Lyon- as such they would have expected hazlewood and Starc would have bowled more than they did. Which would have warranted a 3rd seamed, especially one who can reverse the ball like marsh can.

That 31 he made were crucial runs. He came in at a really awkward time, stuck through it, used his feet well. Partnership with smith really stabilised the innings to ram home out lead and didn't give the Indians any positivity leading into the 2nd innings. I really hope they don't cave and drop him for maxwell.

That big dude Preuss will give us food for thought in Round 1. Could be way for E-Mac to get back in the side.

Norf don't usually play 2 rucks though, will be Goldstein on his own.

Either way I'd still back Schofield, Barrass and McGovern to contain them.

Norf don't usually play 2 rucks though, will be Goldstein on his own.

Either way I'd still back Schofield, Barrass and McGovern to contain them.

I think we are a good chance to, I think we started to play a bit last year with Goldy/Daw, I think Preuss might be competing with Daw for some game time.

I agree it shouldn't really be a factor which should make you change your structure, when you have guys that size go forward you are relying more on pressure around the ground and the back six working as a team, you don't really see defenders that big. It wont be the end of the world if a ruckman kicks the odd goal, I doubt he is going to go on a goal kicking blitz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*cken gold. Does anyone reckon ol' Ro$$co will still be wearing purple in 4 years?
Nope

And their list will be in tatters.

I think we are a good chance to, I think we started to play a bit last year with Goldy/Daw, I think Preuss might be competing with Daw for some game time.

I agree it shouldn't really be a factor which should make you change your structure, when you have guys that size go forward you are relying more on pressure around the ground and the back six working as a team, you don't really see defenders that big. It wont be the end of the world if a ruckman kicks the odd goal, I doubt he is going to go on a goal kicking blitz.
Our talls darling and Kennedy are elite for f50 pressure. And when it's either naita or sylce resting forward it's not usually to much of a loss.

Game 1 of their JLT and we wrecked their season :eek:

I'd be fuming as a Freo fan. Does anyone want Ross there now? Surely the last of his supporters are sick of the changing goal posts. He's got a bet each way there trying to contend but letting everyone know not to expect anything for 4 years. Fyfe might end up the next Pav hanging on for this false hope.

We have tried the land of the giant's strategy (a few too many times) is does not work well unless the talls can still have an impact when the ball hits the deck.

Even if they do have a good ground game like Nic Nat I think we lost all our games going for the 3 ruckman strategy (one resting forward).

Looking at the JTL games so far everyone seems to be copying the Bulldogs (or at least being influenced by).

Don't forgot the Dorff, just destroyed TAS "The left-arm paceman returned a remarkable 9-37 from 13.2 overs on the opening day at the WACA after the visitors won the toss and elected to bat."

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/jaso...oria-bushrangers-shield-highlights/2017-02-25

Looks like its going to be another good scorchers season this year :)
If Dorff stays fit in the next 12 months, he might not be even playing for the scorchers. Instead lining up in the Ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back