Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry for the intrusion. Just one for the SuperCoach players here: who's the best selection out of Rioli, Ryan, Venables and Waterman in terms of playing and scoring potential?

Sorry for the intrusion. Just one for the SuperCoach players here: who's the best selection out of Rioli, Ryan, Venables and Waterman in terms of playing and scoring potential?

-Ryan is pretty much a lock for round 1. Small forward numbers so at most a 50-60 average
-Rioli rolled an ankle in the last JLT, unlikely to play round 1. Small forward numbers so at most a 50-60 average
-Venables has impressed during the pre-season and is seen as a Shuey clone at the club, will play this season it's only a matter of when. Will do an apprenticeship off the half-forward flank with the occasional stint in the midfield so again looking at a 60 average if you are lucky.
-Waterman has also impressed during the pre-season and with the injuries to Kennedy and Naitanui will be fighting it out with Brander for a spot in round 1-2. Isn't guaranteed a spot beyond that.

Ryan and Gee Venables prob best bet for round one and whole season then Rioli, he rolled his ankle in the 1st qtr of Jlt2 so depends when hes fit he is a bit injury prone, Misty Waterman may play round 1 but not sure how long he will hold his spot probably dropped as soon as JK is back rnd 2 or 3.

-Ryan is pretty much a lock for round 1. Small forward numbers so at most a 50-60 average
-Rioli rolled an ankle in the last JLT, unlikely to play round 1. Small forward numbers so at most a 50-60 average
-Venables has impressed during the pre-season and is seen as a Shuey clone at the club, will play this season it's only a matter of when. Will do an apprenticeship off the half-forward flank with the occasional stint in the midfield so again looking at a 60 average if you are lucky.
-Waterman has also impressed during the pre-season and with the injuries to Kennedy and Naitanui will be fighting it out with Brander for a spot in round 1-2. Isn't guaranteed a spot beyond that
Ryan and Gee Venables prob best bet for round one and whole season then Rioli, he rolled his ankle in the 1st qtr of Jlt2 so depends when hes fit he is a bit injury prone, Misty Waterman may play round 1 but not sure how long he will hold his spot probably dropped as soon as JK is back rnd 2 or 3.

Thanks for the analysis, looks like I'll go with Ryan as my 6th forward/bench option and see whether Venables or Waterman get a gig in round 1

Naughton is looking promising with his intercept marks in defence, expect him to play round 1 and fill Morris' spot in the side for the season. Libba looking good again, pick him if you're brave (I'm not)

Picked up Libba in my draft competition team, beat Big Cox 88 to his signature :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** I have a draft on Sunday which I am very much not prepared for

We held our first live draft this year, was a fun day. FWIW this was the team I ended up with

Backs:
Alex Witherden
Christan Salem
Luke Ryan
Sam Mayes
Marley Williams

Mids
Zach Merrett
Dayne Beams
Luke Parker
Aaron Hall
Jack Viney
Jarrod Redden

Ruck
Max Gawn

Forwards
Buddy Franklin
Jack Billings
Mitch Robinson
Jack Martin
Jesse Hogan

I/C
Grant Birchall
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Sean Darcy
Lewis Taylor

We held our first live draft this year, was a fun day. FWIW this was the team I ended up with

Backs:
Alex Witherden
Christan Salem
Luke Ryan
Sam Mayes
Marley Williams

Mids
Zach Merrett
Dayne Beams
Luke Parker
Aaron Hall
Jack Viney
Jarrod Redden

Ruck
Max Gawn

Forwards
Buddy Franklin
Jack Billings
Mitch Robinson
Jack Martin
Jesse Hogan

I/C
Grant Birchall
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Sean Darcy
Lewis Taylor
Buddy can be a killer - I had him during a bad year not long ago.

Is that SC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back