Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't West Coast just give Cousins a job back at the club?

Huge difference between a dude abusing recreational drugs and a coach who sanctioned the systematic doping of an entire playing group. How any one can support this guy is beyond me. He will fit right in at your mob.

I'd be watching my back if I were Lyon. Ambition and a willingness to flout both ethics and morality in order to succeed aren't the most desirable traits in an assistant, let alone one who's already got experience as a senior coach.
Seems like a fairly minor role and not really an assistant though.

I'd be watching my back if I were Lyon. Ambition and a willingness to flout both ethics and morality in order to succeed aren't the most desirable traits in an assistant, let alone one who's already got experience as a senior coach.
Good call and it will be interesting to see the 2 biggest egos in football work together.

So Freo fans condemn the club for enabling Ben, sweeping his recreational drug use under the carpet and essentially blaming West Coast for his addiction.

On the other hand, they also criticise the club for giving Ben a part time job to help him adhere to his conditions of parole and reintegrate into society.

Well which one is it going to be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't West Coast just give Cousins a job back at the club?

Party boy drugs vs Systematic Doper.

Yep, exactly the same thing. :rolleyes:

The role is based on the east coast , He will have no contact with players only the coaching panel , I don't really want him associated with the club at all . But in this role would not affect things dramatically . As i said on our board he has not been appointed yet so i will keep my powder dry until it is confirmed . And i also agree bringing Cousins back into the fold at West coast and the Hird thing are totally unrelated . One systematically tried to cheat the system . The other was just a party boy with an addictive nature , And the club are trying to help him in his rehabilitation.

The role is based on the east coast , He will have no contact with players only the coaching panel , I don't really want him associated with the club at all . But in this role would not affect things dramatically . As i said on our board he has not been appointed yet so i will keep my powder dry until it is confirmed . And i also agree bringing Cousins back into the fold at West coast and the Hird thing are totally unrelated . One systematically tried to cheat the system . The other was just a party boy with an addictive nature , And the club are trying to help him in his rehabilitation.

How dare you bring a reasoned and logical comment to our board wearing those colours!

Huge difference between a dude abusing recreational drugs and a coach who sanctioned the systematic doping of an entire playing group. How any one can support this guy is beyond me. He will fit right in at your mob.
That there is - one is a helping and to an ex champ with health problems, the other opening the door to the biggest cheat in the history of AFL (who remains delusional unrepentant) a good fit culturally perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back