Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol there were quite a few people in here that were filthy that we didn't get Anderson
It's funny how it was rated as such a bad draft that we all thought it was quite justified to make trades like Anderson for 15 and a pick downgrade, Redden for 17, Yarran for 19, Melksham for 25, Tom Bell for 21 and a pick downgrade, etc.

But there are players taken all up the draft who have had an impact already - Burton and Hardwick were good tonight, Gresham, Dunkley, Tucker and Rioli have played more than 100 games between them. Fiorini has had multiple 30+ possession games already, R Clarke is a regular starter for North. Cuningham, Mathieson and Balic have shown a bit of talent at the top level

Granted there were a few mature agers taken throughout but still, it probably isn't as bad a draft as was being made out

Hawthorn just moved the ball so easily out of defense with little to no pressure. Makes it a bit easier when your eventual long kick to a contest is on the wing.

Meanwhile we kick it 15m into the back pocket, hold it for half an hour and then kick to a contest on the back flank. Would like to see us come up with a new plan

Melbourne and Hawks have both beaten Adelaide at AO. They lost to North away and I can't remember who else beat them.

We've lost to Hawks, Bombers, Tigers and GC away, GWS at home. We're not in bad shape.

Melbourne game might be closer than we think.

Who else tipped Pies to beat Port?

Who wins tomorrow night?

Crazy, crazy season.

Adelaide are a bit like WC - strong forward lines and defense but midfield just not physically strong or fast enough.

Priddis 8 years ago = M Crouch now. Good inside ball winner but slow af and kicking is terrible. Will be a liability whenever the pressure is on and he is forced to kick, as well as defensively as he can't keep up with his opponent.

B Crouch a worse version of his brother. Would compare him to someone like Hutchings.

Sloane tagged out of it like Shuey is tagged out it.

Garbage post.

Priddis has a Brownlow at home, and Shuey was getting tagged out of games at when he was 21-22, not 27 like Sloane.

I dont think Crows went too tall, I think their talls spudded up marking the damn footy. Concrete hands the lot of em. It was woeful. Simple outlet marks on the wing and i50 were spilt and allowed Hawks to rebound. Lynch was useless, Tex is still MIA... Pissweak.

I dont think Crows went too tall, I think their talls spudded up marking the damn footy. Concrete hands the lot of em. It was woeful. Simple outlet marks on the wing and i50 were spilt and allowed Hawks to rebound. Lynch was useless, Tex is still MIA... Pissweak.
I remember when we beat Adelaife last year our talls were taking contested marks and contracting through the middle of the ground. Crows fans rekon that their talls aren't the greatest of contested marks and that's why losing Mitch McGovern will be a huge thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe and Sandi out for Freo.

Could this weekend be a glimpse into the future?

No Fyfe or Sandilands? Geelong are going to go in dry on Sunday

They are only ever one big loss away from a tank. They are such a weak willed club its disgusting.
I was under the impression they had a top 4 list and were a shoe in for top 8?

If -

Sydney def Essendon ($1.35)
Collingwood def Port ($2.05)
Gold Coast def St kilda ($5.50)
Carlton def Richmond ($2.70)

Which are all possible results even if three aren't probable

Then Freo will be 15th (unless they win as $10 outsiders)

Ross has often said where you aim is where you finish

Guess he looks like being right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back