Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's because he has runs on the board

That's the annoying thing. Freo has a gold card for doing whatever they want right now. Their supporters are most definitely not going to jump ship to the Eagles, and as soon as they have anything to be excited about they will be back in force supporting the side

So they have no fear of bottoming out and losing members unlike other sides

That, plus since Lyon has shown he can be one of the comp's best coaches, the board will give him and the club all the time they need to lose games, bottom out, tank, whatever you want to call it.

The supporters don't care where the club finishes - they're used to losing. Being the underdog/perennial struggler is literally a defining aspect of their identity (I know this given most of my friends are Freo fans).

They just need little flashes like two goals from Bennell and they'll be high-fiving each other on the walk back from Subi oval. Therefore they're in a pretty comfortable position atm.

Simpson, however, his coaching career is almost on life support, and I feel like the WCE board has a much greater weight of expectation for success on its shoulders.

So it's unlikely that there will be a carefully planned rebuild. It's more likely that we will continue to make minimal changes to our playing and coaching list so that we finish the next season as high as possible.

Even if that means ninth.

Might be a negative way of looking at it

well done on skulling the freo kool aid and not puking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it would be a 10 goal win, could be 20 from the way it is going. Freo for the wooden spoon in 2018.

They are eerily similar to us when we were under Woosh during our 2008-2010 era. We bottomed out in 2008 with 4 wins, had a false dawn in 2009 with 8 wins and then won the wooden spoon in 2010. Skills and effort are like for like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back