Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass, who retired at the end of 2014 after 270 games with the Eagles, is set to enter coaching ranks after completing a Master of Business Administration and working as a business strategy consultant.

A premiership player in 2006 and a key figure in shaping the Eagles' culture after a period of off-field turmoil, Glass also spent the 2015 season working part-time with Adelaide as a leadership coach.

He is expected to be confirmed as a new member of Clarkson's coaching team after the Hawks' season comes to a close against the Western Bulldogs on Friday night.

Barrass and Sheed make the AFL's 22 under 22 squad (Pretty much and All-Australian under 22 side)

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/the-best-of-2017s-22under22-squad/

But hey, considering some of our purple friends think we have no young talent coming through it's not a bad effort ;)

(For the record they had 3 in Blakely, Darcy and McCarthy)
My entry was:

Mills Barrass Lever
Hunt O.McDonald McGrath
Daniel Cripps Heeney
Fantasia Moore Papley
Rioli Hipwood Billings
Darcy Petracca(c) Kelly

Burton Merrett Bontempelli Martin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damning footage emerges of Nat Fyfe turning back on Dustin Martin, costs Fremantle goal

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/da...k=2e915c1282c6dbb8a5eeea2711515a56-1503507445

Love it. :cool:
Gee, that's a bit harsh for me. If the Dockers win the contested ball and they switch it to a free Fyfe, does Martin get the same treatment?

"That's not their brand of football" - their brand of football is s**t, maybe they need to start taking a few more risks in their play?

I dunno. Shrug. I think it's one of those instances where it's not as bad as it looks. Not that Freo copping heat is bad. :)

Gee, that's a bit harsh for me. If the Dockers win the contested ball and they switch it to a free Fyfe, does Martin get the same treatment?

"That's not their brand of football" - their brand of football is s**t, maybe they need to start taking a few more risks in their play?

I dunno. Shrug. I think it's one of those instances where it's not as bad as it looks. Not that Freo copping heat is bad. :)
When you're down 100 and getting smashed in the contest, I don't think it's time to roll the dice.

Like coach, like captain. Wasn't it Ross Lyon who spent the fourth quarter of a Saints game having a sook in the changerooms because they were losing?

When you're down 100 and getting smashed in the contest, I don't think it's time to roll the dice.

The other view is that there was nothing to lose as it was already lost.

Agree with the issue being that they were smashed in the contest so it was a low percentage play, but it was a goal for the Tigers whenever they went forward anyway so while he may have made a contest I still would have backed the Tigers to get numbers there fast enough to beat him.

So Gary Ablett is missing yet another game. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure whether I want Gold Coast to hold him to his contract out of spite if it means that he's going oodles of dollars for doing nothing.

Turning out to be an absolute w***er. Surely if they had their time again, GC would have approached their recruitment a little differently.

So Gary Ablett is missing yet another game. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure whether I want Gold Coast to hold him to his contract out of spite if it means that he's going oodles of dollars for doing nothing.

Turning out to be an absolute ******. Surely if they had their time again, GC would have approached their recruitment a little differently.

If they had have gone down the GWS path with picking up a lot of retired players, there was some reasonable players that could have got another year or two out of themselves. Notably, they could have got Hutchings and even Adam Cockie.

Seriously though, Paul Johnson is still going and would have been better than Josh Fraser, could have got Troy Selwood, Goodwin and Brett Kirk may have been persuaded with a big pay cheque and move into coaching. Cam Bruce too, even Beau Wilkes would have set a decent standard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_AFL_draft#Retirements_and_delistings

Off the top of my head, Ablett, Frasier, Brennan, Campbell Brown, Daniel Harris from North, and Jarrod Harbrow. Harbrow has been serviceable and Ablett is GOAT but the rest of them...geez.

That and their younguns getting injured a lot...and snorting coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back