Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Harry McKay has signed a 7 year big money deal to stay at Carlton. 25 in a couple of months. Takes him through to 32.

Too long. Too much.

When will clubs learn? Output drops and rarely do you get any value in the last few years of a deal like this.

So Harry McKay has signed a 7 year big money deal to stay at Carlton. 25 in a couple of months. Takes him through to 32.

Too long. Too much.

When will clubs learn? Output drops and rarely do you get any value in the last few years of a deal like this.
Conversely ~$800k in 7 years is likely to be a lot smaller % of the salary cap given the projected tv rights increases and resultant salary cap increases.

Only really an issue if it’s backended or he gets injured.

Too long. Too much.

Clubs will extend themselves in the long term to snag a flag. Carlton doesn't care if he cunks out in 4-5 years if he gets them to a flag before then.

We did the trade and draft equivalent with Kelly.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Hehe, this nORf fan is so petty he's my spirit animal 😍

"Reject all offers and make him play in the twos all next year. Then end of the year reject all offers again so he walks to the draft where guess who's waiting with pick 1... the roos! Pick him up and chuck the sook straight back in the twos for another year. Continue this until we aren't wooden spooners anymore (which could be his whole career). I'd be happy with that."

Hehe, this nORf fan is so petty he's my spirit animal 😍

"Reject all offers and make him play in the twos all next year. Then end of the year reject all offers again so he walks to the draft where guess who's waiting with pick 1... the roos! Pick him up and chuck the sook straight back in the twos for another year. Continue this until we aren't wooden spooners anymore (which could be his whole career). I'd be happy with that."
Kanga, kanga, kanga!

I dunno, it might not be what they'd prefer but does Port have anything to trade that'll make them happy anyway?
We could offer Rozee, Butters, Pick 8 and next years first and they will still say we robbed them and want more, based on Norf comments on BF.

But with the introduction of this bombshell how do you see this affecting the Jr trade? Do think 27 is a bit low, always thought the Amon compo would be a late first rounder which would of been enough (in my head), and now can’t see us having the assets to get that trade done.

Well done Essington…

He was also CEO of NAB but resigned after the bank's practices were heavily criticised in the banking royal commission's final report.

Also, I find this funny, he was leading Essendon's external review of football operations. So he obviously concluded that he needed to be CEO, LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could offer Rozee, Butters, Pick 8 and next years first and they will still say we robbed them and want more, based on Norf comments on BF.

But with the introduction of this bombshell how do you see this affecting the Jr trade? Do think 27 is a bit low, always thought the Amon compo would be a late first rounder which would of been enough (in my head), and now can’t see us having the assets to get that trade done.
Most posters here think 27 for Rioli is fair value, maybe slight unders, but I doubt there’s be much of an uproar if that was the deal

The problem now is I don’t see North accepting pick 8 and your future 1st. Pick 27 is your only other bargaining chip of any value so unless you trade a player out I don’t see how you get both deals through. It means the Rioli trade looks difficult

Most posters here think 27 for Rioli is fair value, maybe slight unders, but I doubt there’s be much of an uproar if that was the deal

The problem now is I don’t see North accepting pick 8 and your future 1st. Pick 27 is your only other bargaining chip of any value so unless you trade a player out I don’t see how you get both deals through. It means the Rioli trade looks difficult
Would have liked to see Rioli given a go in our colours (was a big proponent against trading Georgie for him though, I must admit).

He was never going to solve any of our major issues though. Seemed like a cherry on top player.

If the deal doesn’t get done, I do hope he has a fruitful end to his career with your lot though.

Yeah, guess I’m more sympathetic to him, he didn’t burn us like he did you

Nah you're not wrong.

I think you'd find the consensus on here is that he's doing what's best for him and his family for the final contract of his AFL career.

Whilst I do wish him luck and don't have any intentions of booing him or anything (He's a premiership hero, why would we), i can still acknowledge that between him and his manager, he's well and truly dogged us a bit. And for that I'd prefer he left and didn't come back. If the trade fell through i wouldn't be happy at all tbh.

He was also CEO of NAB but resigned after the bank's practices were heavily criticised in the banking royal commission's final report.

Also, I find this funny, he was leading Essendon's external review of football operations. So he obviously concluded that he needed to be CEO, LOL.
A quality consultant in my own image.

That's one way of ensuring you don't end up with the same accusations as Hawthorn

Seriously though, the guy can have his opinion. Doesn't affect his role at the club.
I imagine it will be fairly detrimental to their AFLW team though.. and any idea of them having a pride jumper in the next few years.

Essington: “So Andrew what was your last position of employment?”

Andrew: “I was the CEO of a top 4 bank”

E: “Impressive! What made you leave?”

A: “Well the government launched a royal commission into banking practices and found that I defrauded consumers to the tune of 100 million dollars, so I left”

E: “You’re hired”

A: “Did I mention I'm against abortion and the gays?”

E: “Andrew stop, you’re the perfect fit”

Firstly, congratulations on taking a realistic view in assessing this possible Jr. deal. None of this 'we're selling player X, we want two firsts and a future second' and 'we're buying player X, a fourth rounder is fair' rubbish.

I also think you are right re North. I think that they are feeling a bit of buyers remorse in that it was widely reported he didn't want to go to North and was likely to do a Buckley and leave at the first opportunity. They had the chance from the Cows to sell pick 1 for a mint, but said NO. Now looking back and trying to get at least that in a trade. Not going to happen.

On Jr. He's going for the longest deal on the biggest coin he can get, and for that I can't blame him. BUT, the way he went about it and after all the support given above and beyond, he can get ****ed.
If you can get his weight and mind on the job (and keep it there), you'll have a bargain if it's pick 27. If he reverts and reefers up then you did your dough.
Pick 27 is light on for the talent, length of contract and reported dollars of contract. But needs to be offset by all the other stuff, including age and injury history.
Maybe 27 and a swap of future 2nd/3rd's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back