Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how negotiations work to be fair, you don't start by saying everyone will sit out of the challenge.

There are some occasions where the initial offer is so weak the other party walks out ompletely though.

That is how negotiations work to be fair, you don't start by saying everyone will sit out of the challenge.

There are some occasions where the initial offer is so weak the other party walks out ompletely though.

This is why I’m happy for O’Brien to keep playing the dopey campaigner who doesn’t realise he’s out of the running

If Freo stonewall too long, eventually we could become an option

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
I have a feeling that JHF heart sank once Norf knocked back Adelaide’s godfather offer which in hindsight would’ve gotten them picks 5, 14 and their next years first.

Didn’t make sense to knock back such offer though since it’s unlikely Adelaide would make finals anyways plus JHF was a flight risk at the time.

Guarantee that JHF went through the five stages of grief behind the scenes such as once Norf refused Adelaide’s offer.
  • Denial: “This can’t happening surely Norf would accept such offer.”
  • Anger: “I WANT TO STAY IN SA, I DON’T TO MOVE TO VIC.”
  • Bargaining: “Please Norf I beg you to not draft me and take Adelaide’s offer it’s a godfather offer,” Norf didn’t budge.
  • Depression: Feels mentally down on the reality he’s heading to Norf.
Acceptance: Finally accepted that he was going to Norf.

Norf highly rated him despite being a flight risk that they turned down such godfather offer. Their club is in a rabble atm and Clarko is facing severe allegations of racism and controlling behaviour such as telling a player to abort a baby during his time at the Hawks and if those allegations are proven conclusively true then Clarko won’t be coaching anytime at all.

If I were Norf now I would be playing hardball with Port and say “We want more than picks 8, 27 and future first and keep pushing the table further until Port is forced to overpay similarly to what Geelong did when we were targeting Tim Kelly back in 2018 (yes we tried getting him in 2018 but failed due to Geelong always adjusting the goalposts). Otherwise he stays.

He doesn’t seem to have the strongest mental strength and seems to sook at times when it gets tough for him but it’s not helped by the poor environment he’s in. He’s gotta learn to make the best of it if Norf holds him to his contract and fight through this so he can handle any future adversities that come his way in the future.

There’s a reason why Melbourne took Jack Watts (lol) over Nic Nat in 08. It’s because Nic Nat would seek a trade back to Perth and it’s currently happening now with Jackson who will likely go to Freo (I’d be very surprised if we were able to afford him without ruining our draft hand when we need to rebuild).

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Guy is nearly 30 and struggled with fitness at the best of times, yet alone after a year off. I'd stay well away. Pretty astounding that he isn't automatically going to the Bombers given all they did for him.

The deal for Tim Taranto was under what it should have been but that’s become normal for trades between the expansion clubs and Victorian clubs

Luke Jackson is younger and more valuable than Taranto

Melbourne aren’t going to accept this years and next years first from Fremantle

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
The deal for Tim Taranto was under what it should have been but that’s become normal for trades between the expansion clubs and Victorian clubs
Yep, can't get those 3-4 first round picks per year back to Victoria whilst still paying full price. In theory it should set the market rate for a Kelly, Dunkley or a Jackson moving away from Victoria, but it won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I recon Tippa maybe wanting to be in the West's a good sign Perth's a better environment for the boys from the Nth, the bush telegraph maybe started up after all the sh!t that's gone down in the east.
Hey Sheeds...🖕

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Seems as though every second post I see regarding trade period has some sort of “Fremantle is leading the race” in there.

Yeah I reckon its a deliberate trade tactic. They put their hand up for nearly everything and everyone every offseason.

I suspect they want their name flying around in the press to make themselves seem like a big trade target club.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast

So hold on, have Essendon already delisted him (which would be a crazy considering they have no need to do anything until list lodgment date)?

If not, my understanding is he isn't a free agent, so he would have to be retired for 12 months prior to re-joining a club (even Liam Jones who has been retired for just on 12 months is now considered a free agent and will trigger potential compo pick as he is still officially on the Carlton list).

Tippa would have to be delisted, then go through the drafts undrafted, to be able to be a train-on-player I would have thought?

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
Yeah I reckon its a deliberate trade tactic. They put their hand up for nearly everything and everyone every offseason.

I suspect they want their name flying around in the press to make themselves seem like a big trade target club.

And then when the players get here, they want to leave ASAP.

Lobb, Acres, Hogan, then all the way back to Croad, Carr & Tarrant.
Not to mention the countless draftees who want to leave.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a feeling that JHF heart sank once Norf knocked back Adelaide’s godfather offer which in hindsight would’ve gotten them picks 5, 14 and their next years first.

Didn’t make sense to knock back such offer though since it’s unlikely Adelaide would make finals anyways plus JHF was a flight risk at the time.

Guarantee that JHF went through the five stages of grief behind the scenes such as once Norf refused Adelaide’s offer.
  • Denial: “This can’t happening surely Norf would accept such offer.”
  • Anger: “I WANT TO STAY IN SA, I DON’T TO MOVE TO VIC.”
  • Bargaining: “Please Norf I beg you to not draft me and take Adelaide’s offer it’s a godfather offer,” Norf didn’t budge.
  • Depression: Feels mentally down on the reality he’s heading to Norf.
Acceptance: Finally accepted that he was going to Norf.

Norf highly rated him despite being a flight risk that they turned down such godfather offer. Their club is in a rabble atm and Clarko is facing severe allegations of racism and controlling behaviour such as telling a player to abort a baby during his time at the Hawks and if those allegations are proven conclusively true then Clarko won’t be coaching anytime at all.

If I were Norf now I would be playing hardball with Port and say “We want more than picks 8, 27 and future first and keep pushing the table further until Port is forced to overpay similarly to what Geelong did when we were targeting Tim Kelly back in 2018 (yes we tried getting him in 2018 but failed due to Geelong always adjusting the goalposts). Otherwise he stays.

He doesn’t seem to have the strongest mental strength and seems to sook at times when it gets tough for him but it’s not helped by the poor environment he’s in. He’s gotta learn to make the best of it if Norf holds him to his contract and fight through this so he can handle any future adversities that come his way in the future.

There’s a reason why Melbourne took Jack Watts (lol) over Nic Nat in 08. It’s because Nic Nat would seek a trade back to Perth and it’s currently happening now with Jackson who will likely go to Freo (I’d be very surprised if we were able to afford him without ruining our draft hand when we need to rebuild).
This is not true. watts was massively rated by the Vics.

Plenty of eagles fans wanted rich over Nic Nat as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back