Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This scene combined with the "he thinks I'm gay?" scene after visiting the steel workers. Essendon work hard, and play hard :rainbow: and their new ex CEO ain't a fan:

post GIF

Another win for the always offended… but its Essendon so fair bump.
“Hey mate, you can keep your job at the elephant sanctuary but you have to give up your spot on the board of the ivory poachers union”.

They didn’t sack him, they said you can choose one or the other. Bloke made his choice, nobody needs to be upset on his behalf. Homophobia is pretty offensive though so if that’s what qualifies as “always offended” then sign me up.

“Hey mate, you can keep your job at the elephant sanctuary but you have to give up your spot on the board of the ivory poachers Union”.

They didn’t sack him, they said you can choose one or the other. Bloke made his choice, nobody needs to be upset on his behalf. Homophobia is pretty offensive though so if that’s what qualifies as “always offended” then sign me up.
I imagine they did sack him, but out of respect for him they made it sound like he chose to leave. Reckon he's getting a payout too.

“Hey mate, you can keep your job at the elephant sanctuary but you have to give up your spot on the board of the ivory poachers Union”.

So you would have an issue with any religions and any muslims should be out of the game for instance?

Wouldn’t fly Qatar airlines and therefore Qantas being a one world partner who are affiliated with them?

And your a well known lefty so yes, always offended would apply.

So you would have an issue with any religions and any muslims should be out of the game for instance?

Wouldn’t fly Qatar airlines and therefore Qantas being a one world partner who are affiliated with them?

His issue wasn’t that he is a religious person, it was the particularly bigoted church he refused to distance himself from that did the business. Plenty of religious people in sport, from all backgrounds, no issues there. Just don’t be actively hateful is a pretty good rule for anybody, regardless of what they believe in.

SRP discussion so not really needed here but yes, homophobia is wrong and actively pursuing people who endorse it to run your business isn’t exactly going to go down well. Apologies that it isn’t the 1800s anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sez the bloke who has a never ending stream of things to whinge about.

It’s bordering on 20 years of hilarity. I’m barely containing myself thinking of the Scott melts when Nic Nat kicks a goal after the siren to beat them next year.
You’re going to have players running around this year who weren’t born when they last won a final.

Truly a gift of a football club.

Has a club ever imploded as much as the Bombers? What a basketcase they have become.
They are backed by some of the wealthiest men in Melbourne, by any measure they should be a dominant club year after year, instead they give us coiteries, sheedy and Hird, now coaches sacked, CEO hi jinks and still haven’t won a final since the upcoming draftees were born. Just wonderful.

Whataboutism. Predictable as ever.

CEO resigning after one day must be the most Essington thing ever. They really have no understanding of due diligence or corporate governance down there do they.
Their B+F was last night and he surely would have presented too. Fans would have bought in to the new vision and changing executive makeup.

Tremendous.

So Essendon hire an outside consultant to review the club

Appoints him as CEO after the review is complete ignoring among other things that he was drum marched out of his job at NAB

Within 24hours his links to a church with less than progressive social views are highlighted and he resigns rather than turn his back on his church

Quite brilliant

The issue wasn't him 'being religious', it was being head of an organisation preaching hate.

But don't let me stop you getting offended at people getting offended.

The only thing that would have topped this off-season for Essendon would have been if Clarkson had chosen them in stead of north (and it wasn’t through lack of them trying). You’d just have to fold the club at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back