Ben Allan
Hawthorn- 98 games
Fremantle- 47 games

Adrian Fletcher
Geelong- 23 games
St Kilda- 22 games
Brisbane- 107 games
Fremantle- 79 games

Somehow it’s “unjust” that the sons of these two players aren’t going to Fremantle

Hawthorn could feel aggrieved since Allan fell just 2 games short of qualifying and Fletcher actually played enough games to qualify for Brisbane

But somehow Fremantle have been stitched up. Lol
victim complex

No more medi-sub in 2023, instead it's just a general purpose sub that can be activated at any stage.

Might get another scenario where Ross Lyon subbed Nick Suban before half-time due to how badly he was playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he pleaded guilty to raping a kid should have blown up any good character defence I would have thought.
Ive always personally hated the "good character" defence. If you had a "good character" you wouldnt have done the s**t you were found guilty of in the first place, clearly!

How can you have both a good character and also be a kiddy fiddler?

The lack of jail time makes me think this was a statutory rape situation as opposed to full blown sexual assault. Very lucky to escape without incarceration.

This and the victim was a male

Doubt he escapes prison time if it was a 14 year old girl

There have been stories of female teachers having consensual sex with female students and consequently doing time . The laws and how they can be applied suck.

Its a lot harder to get a conviction with these types of crimes when a decent amount of time has passed between the act itself and the prosecution. My guess is he was offered a deal of sorts where if he pleads guilty he would only have to deal with a suspended sentence and no jail time, instead of risking him being found not guilty. It sucks that he wont see jail time but its on record now that he did do the act, hopefully that gives the victim some closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back