Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't defending my club on this one.

It's right up there with extending Natanui for two more years, as an ill advised long contract.
Naitanui should have only been extended for 1 year rather than 2 but that’s hardly comparable to a 6 year deal

There’s also a good chance that due to our salary cap position he was given a back ended 2 year deal to keep pressure off this years cap. McGoverns big contract ends in 2023 plus Hurn and Shuey are likely retirements so there’s likely more space left n 2024

Not really the same thing

Might be in the minority but I kinda don't mind the hipwood signing..

His currency is probably at an all time low since he came off the ACL

Better locking him away now while his longevity in the game is at the front of his mind as opposed to him signing for 2 years tearing it up as he enters the sweat spot of his career then you have to pay overs for him

Could just as easy go the other way though and he takes the foot off the pedal like many players who sign these long term deals seem to do.

I ain't defending my club on this one.

It's right up there with extending Natanui for two more years, as an ill advised long contract.

Not even close. 2 years isnt a long term deal at all.

Pretty obvious Nic is transitioning into ruck coaching and mentoring. Eagles have a large number of players coming OOC already in 2023 and will have a ton of cap space freeing up. We also dont have an obvious #1 ruck to take over.

In rebuild mode as well and Nic has shown he can come back from injuries and play good football.

And we have a academy named after him.

So not much of a comparison to. Hipwood.

Might be in the minority but I kinda don't mind the hipwood signing..

His currency is probably at an all time low since he came off the ACL

Better locking him away now while his longevity in the game is at the front of his mind as opposed to him signing for 2 years tearing it up as he enters the sweat spot of his career then you have to pay overs for him

Could just as easy go the other way though and he takes the foot off the pedal like many players who sign these long term deals seem to do.
Not sure he's got a pedal.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wonder if he'll manage 40 goals in any of those six seasons?

I find Brisbane's trajectory really hard to predict. Not many teams who have had a sustained finals run get access to the number 1 pick. Senior players are on their last legs but they could bounce back quickly.
40 goals isnt a prerequisite anymore, look at Lobb.
Didnt he just kick 20 or 30 in a career year?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't get the objective of this "play every game in the same city" initiative.

We need another round of football for $$$$ but we need to come up with a gimmick quick smart to pretend it's not just about $$$$ and let's make it in one central location that we can auction off annually to minimise uproar about travel disadvantage

I still don't get the objective of this "play every game in the same city" initiative.
So I can go get drunk on the hill watching multiple games without having to move. What's hard to understand?

Ngl, I'll probably go. Thursday, Friday, double-headers on Sat and Sun, take the bike up to Mt Lofty in the mornings. Sounds good to me.

We need another round of football for $$$$ but we need to come up with a gimmick quick smart to pretend it's not just about $$$$ and let's make it in one central location that we can auction off annually to minimise uproar about travel disadvantage
Yeah, that's the thing. I don't see how this makes the AFL more $$$$ than a regular round of football.

I can see how it benefits NRL, but the AFL doesn't have the same audience issue that League does.

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't see how this makes the AFL more $$$$ than a regular round of football.

I can see how it benefits NRL, but the AFL doesn't have the same audience issue that League does.
The SA government has paid a lot for it. No one could show up and they'll end up ahead.

TV revenue plus selling an additional round of footy.

It's an extra round. The gimmick is what was required to get it over the line.
Yep.
The SA government has paid a lot for it. No one could show up and they'll end up ahead.
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back