Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand when supporter bases are compared, or individual team supporter bases are painted with one brush.

We’re all a bunch of unique individuals. We range from the Biggie types to the Dark Sharks.

We’re no better than Freo fans, no worse either.

We're all individuals... then makes two sweeping generalisations.

Bloody Eagles fan!

I'd like to think we're better than Freo supporters but when (or if) they won their first flag, how would a bunch of us here really react?
I personally just hope it's against a Victorian team. I also bet they'd find a way to bring West Coast into it.
I hope they forever stay in full stkilda mode (- 66) and just never with anyfkn-thing.

I don’t understand when supporter bases are compared, or individual team supporter bases are painted with one brush.

We’re all a bunch of unique individuals. We range from the Biggie types to the Dark Sharks.

Swan Districts fans were always unique when I was a young fella!

As you say, you can't generalise and say 'ALL Freo supporters' etc.. Every club has its ferals and every club has its chardonnay sipping polite clappers while knitting element. BUT... the size of and ferocity of the feral element does vary from club to club.

In the old days 60's, 70's WAFL, I used to go to the WP games as a kid. East Freo was always the dirtiest team and had the worst, most violent supporters. After a particularly scary and nasty visit we never went back. It was too dangerous for a kid. South Freo were next and Swans were a distant 3rd. Went up to Claremont where about the worst behaviour you'd see is someone dropping their pie wrapper on the ground and growling when they were told off.

Of the AFL clubs we have our feral element and I wouldn't be sorry to lose them. I love passion and belief and being involved, but cheering opposition injuries. Go away thanks.
(Mind you, if Barry Hall had dislocated his shoulder when he punched Staker I probably would have laughed)

But I'd argue that as a group we are closer to the old Claremont crowd than the old East Freo one. And Freo have picked up the East Freo and South Freo ferals more than we have.

As you say, you can't generalise and say 'ALL Freo supporters' etc.. Every club has its ferals and every club has its chardonnay sipping polite clappers while knitting element. BUT... the size of and ferocity of the feral element does vary from club to club.

In the old days 60's, 70's WAFL, I used to go to the WP games as a kid. East Freo was always the dirtiest team and had the worst, most violent supporters. After a particularly scary and nasty visit we never went back. It was too dangerous for a kid. South Freo were next and Swans were a distant 3rd. Went up to Claremont where about the worst behaviour you'd see is someone dropping their pie wrapper on the ground and growling when they were told off.

Of the AFL clubs we have our feral element and I wouldn't be sorry to lose them. I love passion and belief and being involved, but cheering opposition injuries. Go away thanks.
(Mind you, if Barry Hall had dislocated his shoulder when he punched Staker I probably would have laughed)

But I'd argue that as a group we are closer to the old Claremont crowd than the old East Freo one. And Freo have picked up the East Freo and South Freo ferals more than we have.
We weren't told off for dropping our pie wrappers at Claremont oval, because we always picked them up...😉

Richmond fans easily top of the list on BigFooty. Seriously feral board.

Wouldn’t wish any injury on any player.

I know I am better than that, but would feel pretty ambivalent if they were dressed in purple and it wasn't a Barlow style injury.

Remember when Haselby did his ACL, actually liked him but certainly didn't feel sorrow.

Happy to clap oppo players off with injury, if we are 10 goals up in the last.

Another player struck down by concussion. This time Marcus Adams

Hopefully he makes a full recovery but a return to football is probably unlikely given what we’ve seen with Venables and Sheppard

Scary to think it wasn't that long ago that players would just keep playing.
It makes you wonder how many past players out there are having serious issues. We've lost two to early retirement and I know Brisbane has lost at least someone else before Adams (can't remember his name).

I think about guys like Joel Selwood and can't imagine how they will dodge issues down the track.

Pretty standard for Freo supporters though. They live vicariously through WCE's failure and Nic Nat doing an ACL.

They care more about that than they do about their own failure of their club, because they know that this rebuild is also doomed to fail.
Just like when Pav described Liam Ryan's injury as "good news" in round 19 2021 vs St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond fans easily top of the list on BigFooty. Seriously feral board.
My experiences of the Richmond board or even Collingwood board have been good their posters are usually nice to you as long you're not a douche to troll of course. I go there their boards just like you coming to our board and the supporters there have been kind to me. Melting wise yes they can be very feral. The Bulldogs and even Bombers boards have been good as well but the worst boards I've been at is the Carlton and Geelong boards. They seem pretty passive aggressive when you say nice things to them.

My experiences of the Richmond board or even Collingwood board have been good their posters are usually nice to you as long you're not a douche to troll of course. I go there their boards just like you coming to our board and the supporters there have been kind to me. Melting wise yes they can be very feral. The Bulldogs and even Bombers boards have been good as well but the worst boards I've been at is the Carlton and Geelong boards. They seem pretty passive aggressive when you say nice things to them.

My general opinion is that if you board has a couple of threads with the 'No Opposition Supporters Allowed' tag, then it's not a nice board at all.

I like that opposition posters can post here freely in any thread (with reason and respect, obviously) and we happily engage and banter with them.

It makes you wonder how many past players out there are having serious issues. We've lost two to early retirement and I know Brisbane has lost at least someone else before Adams (can't remember his name).

I think about guys like Joel Selwood and can't imagine how they will dodge issues down the track.
Troy Selwood?

My general opinion is that if you board has a couple of threads with the 'No Opposition Supporters Allowed' tag, then it's not a nice board at all.

I like that opposition posters can post here freely in any thread (with reason and respect, obviously) and we happily engage and banter with them.

As long as the pardon their intrusion and come in peace.

As long as the pardon their intrusion and come in peace.
One guy pardoned their intrusion earlier today but they certainly did not come in peace. Well, they didn't explicitly state that they came in peace so I think it is reasonable to assume that they didn't.

One guy pardoned their intrusion earlier today but they certainly did not come in peace. Well, they didn't explicitly state that they came in peace so I think it is reasonable to assume that they didn't.

The last time I came in peas I got disapproving stares and a lifetime ban from Sizzler.

Scary to think it wasn't that long ago that players would just keep playing.
He genuinely can’t train without getting headaches or having balance issue.

Justin Clarke. Was concussed at training and was never able to return. Completed a space science degree at QUT and was awarded a Rhodes scholarship last year.

Was told another concussion could kill him.

Was a really good key defender, and was set to form a formidable partnership with Andrews.

Justin Clarke. Bloke was hell smart and end up becoming a Rhodes Scholar post retirement

He genuinely can’t train without getting headaches or having balance issue.

Justin Clarke. Was concussed at training and was never able to return. Completed a space science degree at QUT and was awarded a Rhodes scholarship last year.

Was told another concussion could kill him.

Was a really good key defender, and was set to form a formidable partnership with Andrews.
beat me to it by seconds lol

Just on feral AFL fans. Bigfooty is kinda sane and it's moderated but those Banter sites are horrible places. Most of it not even funny or "Banter". I actually hate facebook groups in general lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back