Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
F*********** that's crazy.

u wonder how many suicides were results of concussion (not just the sporting field) over the years?

Is there a stat on boxers suicides?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's the thing I don't understand. Surely boxers would be impacted more than anyone, but I can't recall hearing about any suicidal boxers?? There are certainly a plethora of 50y.o.+ boxers who struggle to string a sentence together though.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
That's the thing I don't understand. Surely boxers would be impacted more than anyone, but I can't recall hearing about any suicidal boxers?? There are certainly a plethora of 50y.o.+ boxers who struggle to string a sentence together though.
maybe there's a limit and a few concussions fogs your brain enough for the depression and impulses to things to heighten but once you've been concussed so much you might be beyond any impulses. just mush

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)

Possibly because up to 2005, CTE was considered a disease only found in boxers? All the reporting since then has been about other athletes.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I've had a lot of concussions. We're talking 20+, maybe even 30+. The 20+ is confirmed concussions.

Emotional control, anger, depression, anxiety. Add in some really bad s**t when you're young and when you're in the military and you have PTSD and Hypervigilance as well. Memory and the loss of words mid sentence etc become an issue.

Have been told I would be lucky to not have a lot more serious side effects if I have even 1 more concussion. Luckily I dont have the headaches. Do have days where I have to take medication and not get out of bed however due to the chances of an injury induced (concussion brain bleed) seizure.

I might not be the oldest on the board (but i'm one of the older ones as my son started this account) but i'm not too far off. I might have just retired at an age a lot would consider early or young but most would say i've earnt it.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I've had a lot of concussions. We're talking 20+, maybe even 30+. The 20+ is confirmed concussions.

Emotional control, anger, depression, anxiety. Add in some really bad s**t when you're young and when you're in the military and you have PTSD and Hypervigilance as well. Memory and the loss of words mid sentence etc become an issue.

Have been told I would be lucky to not have a lot more serious side effects if I have even 1 more concussion. Luckily I dont have the headaches. Do have days where I have to take medication and not get out of bed however due to the chances of an injury induced (concussion brain bleed) seizure.

I might not be the oldest on the board (but i'm one of the older ones as my son started this account) but i'm not too far off. I might have just retired at an age a lot would consider early or young but most would say i've earnt it.
How'd you keep getting the concussions, sport, military stuff?

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
How'd you keep getting the concussions, sport, military stuff?

I had a few as a youth in sport. One real bad one in the military where i collapsed, smashed the back of my head and then had a seizure.

That concussion led to further seizures in the future most of which were falling head first onto hard floors etc.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
He went from a promising talent to just wanting the AFL lifestyle. Looks like a typical * boi now

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I had a few as a youth in sport. One real bad one in the military where i collapsed, smashed the back of my head and then had a seizure.

That concussion led to further seizures in the future most of which were falling head first onto hard floors etc.
Hope the worst's behind you🙏
Not going to say how many concussions I've had, I'm a bit superstitious and ride a motorbike so don't want to jinx myself!😉

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)

kzbLPU2xs9qOp7c4lNn0coa7uCeRjXx0cmhQbP8rhpw.jpg

Clarko around to his place tonight to tell him (in his own special way) how it's gonna be!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back