Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a list of their 'demands' a couple of weeks ago regarding what they wanted before they'd enter mediation.

There was far more than this.

Yes, but did it actually happen?

“On May 5, 2023, an article authored by Mark Robinson was published on the Herald Sun website. Among other things, the article suggested that a lawyer for various complainants in the Hawthorn investigation, Leon Zwier, has put in place 18 demands of me, Alastair Clarkson and Jason Burt, as conditions of a potential mediation.

“No such ‘demands’ have ever been communicated to me or to my lawyers. It would be a matter of concern to me if the report concerning these demands is accurate, as my understanding is that it would be completely contrary to normal practice concerning mediation for a party, or his or her lawyer, to make demands of this kind as a condition of the mediation being held.”

I mean it might have, but I'd hardly call it a fact if we're in the business of giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, but did it actually happen?
Did what happen?

Was there a list of demands.

Yes, as listed in the Herald Sun article.

Robbo appeared to be the “leaked to” media of choice for the complainants.

Did Fagan, etc receive them?

Doesn’t appear so. Throughout this whole process, the accused have received very little information, including what they have been specifically accused of. According to Clarkson, Fagan and Burt.

The original ABC article wasn’t a leaked copy of the Hawthorn report. Somehow the journalist heard about the Hawthorn investigation and then did his own investigation, and listed allegations from his own interviews in his article.

I mean it might have, but I'd hardly call it a fact if we're in the business of giving people the benefit of the doubt.

It's possible that everyone is being honest. I've no doubt Clarkson, Fagan and Burt don't think they did anything wrong but were acting in the best interest of the young blokes footy careers. I also think some of the young blokes and their partners felt railroaded into making decisions that turned out to be quite traumatic for them and their families.

It's possible that everyone is being honest. I've no doubt Clarkson, Fagan and Burt don't think they did anything wrong but were acting in the best interest of the young blokes footy careers. I also think some of the young blokes and their partners felt railroaded into making decisions that turned out to be quite traumatic for them and their families.
thats how people work.

^^ This is where I've landed.

Does the complainants leaking the list of demands make any sense?
About as much sense as refusing to show the people you're accusing your actual accusations and demanding they apologise/give money before showing them.

Then there's the fact that the ABC journo gave Fagan and co. what, 24 hours for a response before releasing the story? Going public with it while the investigation was ongoing probably w2asn't the smartest thing.

Whole thing was botched from the start.

About as much sense as refusing to show the people you're accusing your actual accusations and demanding they apologise/give money before showing them.

Then there's the fact that the ABC journo gave Fagan and co. what, 24 hours for a response before releasing the story? Going public with it while the investigation was ongoing probably w2asn't the smartest thing.

Whole thing was botched from the start.
You are being generous

Alleged is a handy word.
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t been following this super closely but from what I had read, as late as last week I don’t think the defendants had been provided the documents. Fagan does say very recently in his statement so I think it’s fair to say Clarkson probably didn’t have the documents prior to stepping down

Burt says the documents were provided last week.

Jason Burt has come out swinging pretty hard.

Wait, let me get this straight.Some of the complainants were not even indigenous? So... this is an issue that some ex-players and their partners had with Hawthorn (Clarkson et al), some of whom were indigenous and some of whom weren't? So why is this being treated as racially motivated?

Have I got this right??

Wait, let me get this straight.Some of the complainants were not even indigenous? So... this is an issue that some ex-players and their partners had with Hawthorn (Clarkson et al), some of whom were indigenous and some of whom weren't? So why is this being treated as racially motivated?

Have I got this right??
The vibe in 2023

Have I got this right??

It's taken a turn. Feels a little smear campaignery.. Which is not at all to discount the accusations because if someone told my wife to abort a baby I'd be ready to delete someone's account.

What a s**t show.

It's taken a turn. Feels a little smear campaignery.. Which is not at all to discount the accusations because if someone told my wife to abort a baby I'd be ready to delete someone's account.

What a s**t show.
The murkier it gets the less it seems we know and the messier the process appears. Hard to believe an 'investigation' would not start with interviewing all parties as a start.

What a s**t show.
So word on the street is that the non-Indigenous party has a parent who is a First Nations New Zealander. So a maori, which is technically 'First Nations'. FFS, this is a semantic w@nk at this point.

So word on the street is that the non-Indigenous party has a parent who is a First Nations New Zealander. So a maori, which is technically 'First Nations'. FFS, this is a semantic w@nk at this point.

Ahhhhh..

Despite the perceived racial undertones we were sold, if any of it's true it's pretty disgusting regardless. I don't think any more of Clarko if the things that were said were said to a white woman.

It's just getting so murky it feels like it's playing into the AFLs hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back