Status
Not open for further replies.
little bit laid back
John Candy No GIF by Laff

little bit intellectual

Animated GIF

little bit red neck

Michael Richards Yes GIF

Port have been trying to attract players chasing flags, ala Geelong and hawthorn.

its not going to work

F port, and F any player who used to play for us who went there (except lycett)
no mention of Brisbane trying to buy a flag with Cameron ,Neale ,Daniher, Dunkley ,Macathy ,Gunston ,Lyons ,AhChee

Just waiting for Kanes Cornes to come along and say he's stunned by how ugly North's B&F is.

"What an indictment on a footy club where an 18 year old kid in his first year wins the F&B. Liam Shiels had to be dragged out of retirement. Jack Ziebell is cooked and retired and Tarrant Thomas finished 6th after playing only 12 games.
What an embarrassing top 10".

Nah, don't think so.

View attachment 1806135
LoL North for not rigging the votes and having McKay finish top 3.

There's entitled, and then there's the Bears working with the AFL behind Fitzroy's back to ensure the North Melbourne-Fitzroy merger failed so that Brisbane could steal a 100 year old clubs identity because they wanted it for themselves
Just because something's old doesn't mean it's worth saving. Fitzroy deserved to die and only you seem to care how their fan felt.

None of us forget, but neither did we talked ourselves or our history up when we were down. This is really the first year where there's a sense that we're in it to win it, on our board. (admittedly I wasn't around for our 3 peat and post 3 peat period, so I don't know what our board was like then).

My post was squarely aimed at the West Coast board, because there was still a sense of entitlement on here during the early part of the season, mainly based around comments that West Coast won't be down the bottom long, and posters here referring to West Coasts history of never being down long and always rebuilding quickly, because "we're West Coast".

I've mentioned before that all Club boards have their own "feel" to them. Eg. Richmond's is rabid, North's has a persecution complex, and West Coast's has a sense of blue blood entitlement.

Don't get me wrong, I like the West Coast board in general. There's good banter and wit here. Posters a mostly polite and accommodating of interlopers, but it takes a bit of getting used to the sense of entitlement here that pervades some topics/discussion.

You know how to make getting used to it easier?
Not coming on the WCE board

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

None of us forget, but neither did we talked ourselves or our history up when we were down. This is really the first year where there's a sense that we're in it to win it, on our board. (admittedly I wasn't around for our 3 peat and post 3 peat period, so I don't know what our board was like then).

My post was squarely aimed at the West Coast board, because there was still a sense of entitlement on here during the early part of the season, mainly based around comments that West Coast won't be down the bottom long, and posters here referring to West Coasts history of never being down long and always rebuilding quickly, because "we're West Coast".

I've mentioned before that all Club boards have their own "feel" to them. Eg. Richmond's is rabid, North's has a persecution complex, and West Coast's has a sense of blue blood entitlement.

Don't get me wrong, I like the West Coast board in general. There's good banter and wit here. Posters a mostly polite and accommodating of interlopers, but it takes a bit of getting used to the sense of entitlement here that pervades some topics/discussion.
Spread the word, campaigner. breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some might say Port have an average list and their fans overrate them. But there is now only 1(?) Player on the list from a pre hinkley time. If the list is no good, it's on him, if the list is good and they're falling short, it's still on him.

I cannot understand why they signed him up.

Some might say Port have an average list and their fans overrate them. But there is now only 1(?) Player on the list from a pre hinkley time. If the list is no good, it's on him, if the list is good and they're falling short, it's still on him.

I’m gonna defend him. How often does a coach get sacked after finishing top 4? What do you think a new coach will do better?

List build takes time and it’s clear they know their deficiencies, hence why they are chasing these various players.

They won 17 games. No one would have given them that many at start of year. Hardly this makes the list “no good” as you would say it.

I’m gonna defend him. How often does a coach get sacked after finishing top 4? What do you think a new coach will do better?

List build takes time and it’s clear they know their deficiencies, hence why they are chasing these various players.

They won 17 games. No one would have given them that many at start of year. Hardly this makes the list “no good” as you would say it.

Grant Thomas got sacked because he couldn't take the Saints to a grand final.

Same needs to happen to Hinkley.

just need to come here and say something that ive been waiting to say over the last few days

willie rioli suck on a fat one.

He finished outside top 4 with a mountain of injuries.

And was a controversial figure who did not get along with Buttress or board.

Come on, better than to use a not-the-same example from 17 years ago.

Is port Adelaide a top 2 team in comp?

No one thinks that and no one thought that at start of season. You can’t sack someone for simply not winning something.

He overachieved at worst.

Tom Morris

@tommorris32
·
14s

The
@essendonfc
search for another senior list management official to work alongside Adrian Dodoro includes Matt Rosa, who is close to Bombers CEO Craig Vosso from their days at the
@WestCoastEagles
. Rosa has been
@peelthunder
’s footy boss the WAFL since late 2020.
@1116sen

Oh dear poor Matt having to spend time with that w***er.
I would have thought that would have been a red flag 🚩 for most people to exit the conversation.

If they have deficiencies that's during his tenure. They've had no problems attracting talent to the club and seem to welcome 2 or 3 best 22 players each year and still as you say have deficiencies.

How many players over how many years are they going to chase for?

Hinkley himself said at the start of the year Hinkley: This is the strongest playing list I've had

As for new coaches doing better well yes Voss, McRae & Kinglsey weren't expected to have their teams competing as quickly as they have.

As a few Port people point out I reckon but for Oli Florent forgetting how to kick the ball over 30-35m he would've been sacked and I'm firmly in the David King camp of he is an average coach who keeps topping up the list and getting mediocre to decent results.
However, and this is the funniest part of the whole thing for me, is the Geelong/Vic people in media talk about him like he split the atom.
Meanwhile his record in home finals is pretty poor (2 and 4 from last 6) and games coached without reaching a GF is getting to record levels.

I understand he wins a lot of football games but its how many important games that his teams have been blown off the park or beaten by underdogs that make you question that if he can get through that ceiling. And how long do you give him?
He's had 11 years. No coach has lasted that long at 1 club without something to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back