Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHAT HAPPENED?? I missed the first 3 quarters because I thought this game was on at 7:20pm AEST.

Demons were s**t Eagle were good.

Also demons broke a drought longer than their premiership one. First team to go goalless in the first half of a final since 1927.

Melbourne clearly were not deserving of the hype.

They got a dream draw, dominated teams below them and couldn't beat teams above them. They were perfect candidates for the typical team that finishes bottom of the 8 and gets knocked out in a Semi Final. If that had happened it would have been about right.

Melbourne clearly were not deserving of the hype.

They got a dream draw, dominated teams below them and couldn't beat teams above them. They were perfect candidates for the typical team that finishes bottom of the 8 and gets knocked out in a Semi Final. If that had happened it would have been about right.
They knocked out Hawthorn, so I found it quite right that they won the semi personally. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasnt Jack Redden seriously resurrected his career. Looked to have bright future when it was him and Rockliff and the young guns of the brissy midfield.
I think he had a couple of injuries but seemed to be in the wilderness for a while there, but has come back strong this year.

Those who likened this to Syd vs Ess EF 2017 have hit the nail on the head.

Syd 121 - Ess 56
Margin at HT - 61pts

WCE 121 - Melb 55
Margin at HT - 63pts
Jeez that was a bad day, I was expecting a Sydney win being a realist and all that but to not lay a glove on them ! Poor old Sydney were bundled out the next week, the way we played was one of the big reasons. Talk about witches hats. They had a bye, us (another bye) and then the Cats tore into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back