Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought a reminder of the rules changes for the coming season might be in order & while only a few of them should have significant impact to the on field action, I have a feeling we might see a bunch of unusual results until some sort of equilibrium is reached (as much as it can be in this crazy game).

ie Hurley will probably salivating at the thought of the hands in the back change. Reckon there will be a few forwards that struggle to adapt while we see a smart back like Hurley dominate and how will it effect say a Rance type who loves nothing more than swanning it? & speedy teams like Essendon, can they exploit the centre bounces to badly carve up slower sides? & what sort of forward structures might that create? Looking forward to seeing how the preseason games play out.

Rule changes 2019
1. Traditional playing positions at centre bounces
Clubs must have six players inside both 50m arcs, with one player inside the goal square.
Four midfield players must start inside the centre square with the two wingmen stationed along the wing.

2. Kick-ins
At kick-ins, a player will no longer need to kick to himself to play on from the goalsquare.
Following a behind, the man on the mark will be brought out to 10m from the top of the goalsquare, rather than the existing five metres.

3. Marks and free kicks in defence
When defenders mark or receive a free kick within nine metres of their own goal, the man on the mark will be brought in line with the top of the goalsquare.

4. Runners and water carriers
Team runners may only enter the playing surface after a goal has been kicked and must exit before play restarts.
Water carriers are not permitted to enter the playing surface during live play.

5. Umpire contact
Players will be prohibited from setting up behind the umpire at centre bounces.

6. 50m penalties
The player with the ball:
Must be allowed to advance the mark by 50m without the infringing player delaying the game.
Will be able to play on while the 50m penalty is being measured out.

7. Kicking for goal after the siren
A player who has been awarded a mark or free kick once play has ended:
Will now be able to kick across their body using a snap or check-side kick but must kick the ball directly in line with the man on the mark and the goal.

8. Marking contests
The ‘hands in the back’ rule interpretation has been repealed so a player can now:
Place his hands on the back of his opponent to protect his position in a marking contest provided he does not push his opponent in the back.

9. Ruck contests: prior opportunity
A ruckman who takes direct possession of the ball from a bounce, throw-up or boundary throw-in will no longer be regarded as having had prior opportunity.
Where there is uncertainty over who is the designated ruckman, the ruckman for each team will still be required to nominate to the field umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season hasn't even started yet, and Mummy is already suspended for decking people....

Bit slack from you Lore, this is days old already.

Interesting from Neale because from what I saw today he needs to play within his limitations rather than trying to be the outside runner he is not.

Accumulated plenty of the ball, enough to impress Fox Footy commentators who seem to watch the stat sheet more than the game.

Hi Guys.

Rather than start a thread on your board I thought I might ask here. I was wanting to take my better half and one of my granddaughters to the Anzac day game but we have never been to a game at the MCG. I believe we can get tickets this Wednesday and was looking for suggestions on where to sit and what the approximate pricing might be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Guys.

Rather than start a thread on your board I thought I might ask here. I was wanting to take my better half and one of my granddaughters to the Anzac day game but we have never been to a game at the MCG. I believe we can get tickets this Wednesday and was looking for suggestions on where to sit and what the approximate pricing might be.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m not sure you’ll have a whole lot of choice, ANZAC Day sells out very quickly. Fortunately pretty much any seat is good in my opinion, most of the enjoyment is in the buildup, the crowd, the atmosphere. I’ve sat on level 4 plenty of times for Anzac Day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you’ve not been to a game at the MCG before you’re in for a real treat, 90,000 plus is standard for Anzac Day now.

I’m not sure of pricing, but if you can get your hands on tickets then I highly recommend it, it’s a brilliant day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back