Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016? On reflection, the most enjoyable recent season because we had no expectations to be dashed
oh my god- that is so true... and so sad.

Taberner would be our second best key forward and he's only getting a game at Freo because Hogan's out. Can anybody tell me how this isn't a gun forward line:

Colyer - McCarthy - Banfield
Walters - Hogan - Lobb

They've got a beautifully balanced list.

If Cerra and Brayshaw realise their potential Freo will have an extremely strong side.

I suspect I'll be following them as closely as I was in 2016.

They've got a beautifully balanced list.

If Cerra and Brayshaw realise their potential Freo will have an extremely strong side.

I suspect I'll be following them as closely as I was in 2016.
Hogan and Lobb were great gets.
And they were gifted Brayshaw for Weller. What a trade that was.

Glad to see they are giving Darcy a good crack at establishing himself as well.
Time to move on from Sandi. Darcy and Lobb will hold them in good stead for ruck options for a good while.

Hogan and Lobb were great gets.
And they were gifted Brayshaw for Weller. What a trade that was.

Glad to see they are giving Darcy a good crack at establishing himself as well.
Time to move on from Sandi. Darcy and Lobb will hold them in good stead for ruck options for a good while.
And then at the other end of the field, Pearce is as impressive a young key defender as anyone, Hamling is a solid KPD, Logue is a prototype 3rd tall, and a combination of Blakely, Wilson, Ryan and S Hill can do damage as small defenders

Saints are in a world of s**t
And no one will notice because everyone is talking about how we're in a world of s**t.

In truth I prefer it this way, with the spotlight on us and nowhere to hide hopefully someone somewhere in Tulla pulls their finger out and starts running the club properly for once.

And no one will notice because everyone is talking about how we're in a world of s**t.

In truth I prefer it this way, with the spotlight on us and nowhere to hide hopefully someone somewhere in Tulla pulls their finger out and starts running the club properly for once.
If you don’t mind my intrusion (hope not) Essendon are in the spotlight because you’re a talking point for any number of reasons - but most recently because of big membership plus finishing the latter part of the year in very promising form.

St Kilda are in more trouble than virtually any other club at the moment. They have made strings of poor choices, and their not poor choices like Roberton are out through that type of bad luck that makes you believe in a nasty God. Nobody is talking endlessly about it because it has been a staged slump to terrible that everyone saw coming.

Ess came as a surprise so you get headlines. It will be forgotten soon and you can turn it around yet pretty fast I suspect if all goes well.

If you don’t mind my intrusion (hope not) Essendon are in the spotlight because you’re a talking point for any number of reasons - but most recently because of big membership plus finishing the latter part of the year in very promising form.

St Kilda are in more trouble than virtually any other club at the moment. They have made strings of poor choices, and their not poor choices like Roberton are out through that type of bad luck that makes you believe in a nasty God. Nobody is talking endlessly about it because it has been a staged slump to terrible that everyone saw coming.

Ess came as a surprise so you get headlines. It will be forgotten soon and you can turn it around yet pretty fast I suspect if all goes well.
Think you're right on that one, and you're always welcome here :)

There's plenty of motivation for journos and editors to focus on us, some of it's personal (some staked their reputations on hyping us up), others just want to make a dollar and Essendon stories get more clicks. A few want to be seen as objective since they're associated with Essendon on a personal level. And then there's one or two that just hate everything about Essendon and it shows.

St Kilda is unlikely to cop it on any of those aspects. St Kilda are also not likely to improve from getting roasted by the media (whether we do or not remains to be seen). Players making more of an effort on field is unlikely to overcome the issues St Kilda are facing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we’re always going to be a story whatever we do, being a big club is a double edged sword.

One of my mates didn’t even know Hannebery got traded to the Saints
Very true. Flip side is that when Essendon succeed it will be big, and will generate money and interest enough to see you out for a good 50 years. Saints won’t be able to capitalise to the same extent, so really need a financial boost from success but it won’t pay the bills for a quarter as long.

Having said that, I’m no saints fans but their supporters are the real deal. In the face of such a shallow return I just tip my hat to the rusted on supporters. Because they have to be very very rusted.

Thanks for that, makes sense.

Except then they actually scheduled the GF for midday Sunday, clashing with the North v Brisbane AFL game.

I assume it’s because they didn’t want to play on Adelaide Oval directly prior to the Port v Carlton match?

Melbourne really have been let off the hook this week though. North to a lesser extent, but the Dees...wow.
The blowtorch has been firmly on our collective arses this week.

If we respond with a win and the Demons lose, then they are going to cop the freshest blast of hell from the Melbourne media. Which would be nice.

The blowtorch has been firmly on our collective arses this week.

If we respond with a win and the Demons lose, then they are going to cop the freshest blast of hell from the Melbourne media. Which would be nice.
Except we play them next, which means they would come out breathing fire against us.

Except we play them next, which means they would come out breathing fire against us.
We'll just bring back Solomon to cannon into Maxy Gawn. Seemed to work last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back