Opposition Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Helps when McGovern’s game plan on him was to play centre half tree.

Also for all the awful AFL hot takes that have occurred this year, nothing tops Sanjay Manjrekar suggesting bails be eliminated from all forms of cricket.

I still can't work out if Jeremy McGovern has the whole AFL world fooled into thinking he can run.

Could not believe he went to Buddy. Literally nothing about that match-up made sense, especially given that Franklin is not a play you kick long and high to.

quotemokc

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
I still can't work out if Jeremy McGovern has the whole AFL world fooled into thinking he can run.

Could not believe he went to Buddy. Literally nothing about that match-up made sense, especially given that Franklin is not a play you kick long and high to.
Thought Schofield was on Buddy?

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought Schofield was on Buddy?

I wasn't paying that much attention but I thought I saw McGovern on Buddy, especially in the first half.

Also happened to notice more of those moments from Nick Blakey.

Mr Mojo Risin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades, Kings
I wasn't paying that much attention but I thought I saw McGovern on Buddy, especially in the first half.

Also happened to notice more of those moments from Nick Blakey.
My god Blakey is a freak, will be scary good.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Well that put the seriousness of Liam Picken's battle with concussion into context.

Poor bastard looks like he has completely lost it, painting his face...

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Melbourne looks much better on paper than it has at any other stage of the season.

Bruno smells an upset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I want to do a 22 of the players I can't believe play AFL.

Charlie Spargo would be the captain.

He cannot proactively impact a contest physically. All he can really do is the chase down tackle/fall on some players already on the ground.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
We've got an new entry to the "worst deliberate paid" contest the umpires seem to be playing this year.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I suppose the biggest positive for Melbourne to this point is that Collingwood is doing to Melbourne what Melbourne does to everyone else when it loses?

It does raise the age old question, does the combination of forward pressure and inaccuracy make a side look better than what it is?

I suppose we'll see.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
The irony of the holding free kicks is that they pay the "obvious" one where the jumper gets pulled. It's also the one that 9/10 when it is paid has absolutely no impact on the contest.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
You know the thing going through Goodwin's mind is almost certainly all of the negatives of Weideman's game and not the positives (which I would say are more significant).

Also, has Gawn given Grundy a bath today?

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers
Howe decision a shocker, what are they doing to this game.

Top Bottom