Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am already sick of the media pumping up the dees. I am from SA and i hate the crows with a passion but i really hope they flog Melbourne this weekend and give those shits a reality check.

I am already sick of the media pumping up the dees. I am from SA and i hate the crows with a passion but i really hope they flog Melbourne this weekend and give those sh*ts a reality check.
Why? Melbourne are a club on the rise without a lot of dickheads who are playing arguably their most important game this weekend.

Why? Melbourne are a club on the rise without a lot of dickheads who are playing arguably their most important game this weekend.
Because I just don't think they have beat anyone worthy of giving the media the right to hype them up. Don't get me wrong I appreciate they have great players, but still feel they get too much credit for not proving much.
.. And it still hurts to see Pig playing for them ...

Definition of a lot Eth? I'd argue they have the same amount as most other clubs.

Though I was impressed with what I saw Sunday.

Definition of a lot Eth? I'd argue they have the same amount as most other clubs.

Though I was impressed with what I saw Sunday.
I'd classify 5+ as a lot. Every club has a few but some take it to extremes. Hawthorne for example

Because I just don't think they have beat anyone worthy of giving the media the right to hype them up. Don't get me wrong I appreciate they have great players, but still feel they get too much credit for not proving much.
.. And it still hurts to see Pig playing for them ...

Malcom Blight shares your view

BLIGHT: 'LET'S SEE MELBOURNE BEAT SOMEONE'

Four straight wins has catapulted Melbourne into the top four but it will take a lot more to impress premiership coach Malcolm Blight.

Blight said five teams could win the premiership: West Coast, Richmond, Sydney, Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

Asked on Adelaide radio why he had left the Demons out, he said: "I would like to see them beat someone."

"Not Essendon, St Kilda, Gold Coast Suns and Carlton. Their last four (wins) are the bottom four teams in the league.

"I'd like to see them beat a couple of top teams and not the four hackers down the bottom."

The Demons have smashed Gold Coast by 69 points and Carlton by 109 in the past two weeks. They face fourth-placed Adelaide in Alice Springs on Sunday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...8/news-story/352e9dff86428551a83dc4e0c7a03425

Malcom Blight shares your view

BLIGHT: 'LET'S SEE MELBOURNE BEAT SOMEONE'

Four straight wins has catapulted Melbourne into the top four but it will take a lot more to impress premiership coach Malcolm Blight.

Blight said five teams could win the premiership: West Coast, Richmond, Sydney, Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

Asked on Adelaide radio why he had left the Demons out, he said: "I would like to see them beat someone."

"Not Essendon, St Kilda, Gold Coast Suns and Carlton. Their last four (wins) are the bottom four teams in the league.

"I'd like to see them beat a couple of top teams and not the four hackers down the bottom."

The Demons have smashed Gold Coast by 69 points and Carlton by 109 in the past two weeks. They face fourth-placed Adelaide in Alice Springs on Sunday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...8/news-story/352e9dff86428551a83dc4e0c7a03425
Yeah my point. they beat the 'lesser' teams comfortably, but also had heavy losses against Tigers & Hawks .. which for me if you are in "premiership contention" you should at least be getting close to the best in the comp. (They did also just lose to Geelong but i don't really rate them either). I would put North in that category before i'd put Melbourne at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think the hawks are a lock this week

wce have the head wobble going - plus just played their mid week GF last week, let down looms, plus they don't play Melbourne well - PLUS the hawks rarely lose 3 on the trot, they will be stinging after that loss.

Perfect storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back