Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
The Adelaide cult thing reminds me of a school excursion I went on many moons ago.

No one knew exactly where we were going except there were murmurs from the year level above that they would 'make us cry'. Turns out we were going to a session at Jim Stynes' Reach foundation in this weird warehouse in Abbotsford, and they did indeed, attempt with some success to make us cry. They spent the better part of 5 hours breaking us down, telling us how s**t we were and making us picture our own funeral. Bizarre day.

Federal Government pumped lots of money into the Reach Program - Government Agency I worked for in the 90's fell in love with the Reach Foundation and they were funded across Australia - Unfortunately one of these programs was funded in my area, though it got the minimum support from staff on the grounf - I drew the short straw so had to always attend the graduation ceremonies - Spent a few nights yarning with their ambassador the late Max Walker.

BT knows who they are, he’s met them, watched them play and knows enough about LOL to converse with them. His commentary on Friday night and pretend ignorance was more for the general Australian football fan who would view them as nerds, it was his subtle way of getting them into the spotlight. Good on him for giving them some air time.

Watch it again with the view that BT actually does know them and you will be surprised. I am not saying I agree with everything he said but I understand it.

You are 100% correct - Reckon EFC will be happy with the publicity for the E-Team.

It's a myth that Rance studiously avoids the best tall forward - Watch Richmond games and he's usually on the best or second best tall in the opposition - And he nearly always lines up on Franklin.
No it isn't. Astbury takes the #1 forward every week, except for when they play Sydney. Astbury takes Tex, Hipwood, Curnow, um, whoever the Collingwood key forward is, Daniher, McCarthy, Hawkins, Lynch, Cameron, Roughead, Hogan (now), Brown, Dixon, Membrey, Reid, Kennedy and Boyd/Schache/whoever. Rance only lines up on Franklin.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Jed Anderson must have the worst hair ever in the AFL. I laugh every time I see him.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
Jed Anderson must have the worst hair ever in the AFL. I laugh every time I see him.
3BB318A5-B83C-415C-9EED-2E0B6F3C18B6.jpeg

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Lock in Saints and North for bottom 6.

Im calling it. This is THE worst half of football i have ever seen.

The AFL must be seething. These smaller clubs have been pining and holding their hands out for a blockbuster/marquee slot. When given one they produce this rubbish.
Wondering if it's a wind tunnel in there like it was for us last week. Not watching the game (so you may be referring to poor skills and such) but the score line is incredibly inaccurate... Commentary said last week that there was no wind but I had a breeze coming from my left for the entire game and I was sitting directly behind goal, so commentary obviously have no idea what the conditions are.

Im calling it. This is THE worst half of football i have ever seen.

The AFL must be seething. These smaller clubs have been pining and holding their hands out for a blockbuster/marquee slot. When given one they produce this rubbish.
Carlton v Essendon in 2016 was worse. But this isn’t much better.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Wondering if it's a wind tunnel in there like it was for us last week. Not watching the game (so you may be referring to poor skills and such) but the score line is incredibly inaccurate... Commentary said last week that there was no wind but I had a breeze coming from my left for the entire game and I was sitting directly behind goal, so commentary obviously have no idea what the conditions are.
The roof is open so there might be a breeze, but a lot of the shots have been pretty regulation i reckon.

The skills around the ground have been deplorable as well. Dropped marks, missed handballs and overall bad decisions like kicking long into f50 when the defence has 3v1.

Both teams have shown an inability to hit the 25-30 metre targets which should be hit regardless of the wind

Laverde2Smack

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I would like to know how Rance has perfected the art of constantly tunnelling his opponent under the ball and never been called out for it.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Jesus would be ashamed of this s**t.

My favourite part is that the AFL have determined it's no longer sacrilege if the game starts before 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back