Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a strange feeling when a star goes down for a big rival. Tom is a great player and I genuinely hope he’s alright. I honestly would rather see the best players out there for the spectacle and to properly have a fairly measured contest. But there’s always this little dark voice in the back of my head going ‘But Hawthorne’. Is this the great mythologised battle within, between my higher self and the base, lower primal self? Surely others suffer from this perennial affliction.

I feel the same way about this as I have about some other players, particularly recently Docherty from Carlton. I wish both of them the very best in a speedy recovery and wish them nothing but my most sincere heartfelt sympathy. I hope to see them back in action ASAP, they are champions of the game.

But as for the club they play for...

Heh.

Hehehe.

Bahahahahahahahahaha.

Suck it Carlton/Hawthorne.

Hate the club, never hate the players. If they were ours we'd love them to death.

I feel the same way about this as I have about some other players, particularly recently Docherty from Carlton. I wish both of them the very best in a speedy recovery and wish them nothing but my most sincere heartfelt sympathy. I hope to see them back in action ASAP, they are champions of the game.

Heh.

Hehehe.

Bahahahahahahahahaha.

Hate the club, never hate the players. If they were ours we'd love them to death.
s**t post is s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh.

Hehehe.

Bahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, I’m not quite that hostile. Mine’s a more subtle, emergence from deep within that I’m trying to keep submerged. It feels dirty and base. But I’m being honest when I say that it does rear its ugly head in these situations. Primordial tribal nonsense at its worst.

Yeah, I’m not quite that hostile. Mine’s a more subtle, emergence from deep within that I’m trying to keep submerged. It feels dirty and base. But I’m being honest when I say that it does rear its ugly head in these situations. Primordial tribal nonsense at its worst.
I don’t know... I think Iridium kind of nailed it. Full sympathy, concern, respect and best wishes for Mitchell.. but for the Hawks losing their number one gun, no sympathy, only schadenfruede. Sorry, I’m wired that way and I don’t really intend to heed the higher-brain call to change. I just shut my eyes and see Sam Mitchell doing his little fake injecting thing and I badly want the hawks to have wooden spoons, long suspensions and salary cap breaches.

I guess I draw the line at never wishing injury to a player. I wouldn’t want that to happen, but when it does I feel for the player but not the club.

To me all this is part of the same schema that allows me to love Patrick Cripps while hating the blues.

If you’re capable of yelling a whole heap of s**t at Clarkson and the hawks over the fence or when they’re on telly (like I am) I don’t really understand why you wouldn’t revel in their misfortune...

... while wishing Tom Mitchell the brilliant and courageous ball winner a quick and complete recovery.

Definitely wouldn't wish a broken leg on anyone or mock/take pleasure from their pain.

Quite happy take pleasure from the pain of Hawthorn supporters though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back