Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don’t know... I think Iridium kind of nailed it. Full sympathy, concern, respect and best wishes for Mitchell.. but for the Hawks losing their number one gun, no sympathy, only schadenfruede. Sorry, I’m wired that way and I don’t really intend to heed the higher-brain call to change. I just shut my eyes and see Sam Mitchell doing his little fake injecting thing and I badly want the hawks to have wooden spoons, long suspensions and salary cap breaches.

I guess I draw the line at never wishing injury to a player. I wouldn’t want that to happen, but when it does I feel for the player but not the club.

To me all this is part of the same schema that allows me to love Patrick Cripps while hating the blues.

If you’re capable of yelling a whole heap of s**t at Clarkson and the hawks over the fence or when they’re on telly (like I am) I don’t really understand why you wouldn’t revel in their misfortune...

... while wishing Tom Mitchell the brilliant and courageous ball winner a quick and complete recovery.
Trying my best not to lower myself to the basic level of Hawthorne supporter I guess.

It’s a strange feeling when a star goes down for a big rival. Tom is a great player and I genuinely hope he’s alright. I honestly would rather see the best players out there for the spectacle and to properly have a fairly measured contest. But there’s always this little dark voice in the back of my head going ‘But Hawthorne’. Is this the great mythologised battle within, between my higher self and the base, lower primal self? Surely others suffer from this perennial affliction.
Pretty much sums it up for me. I try to drown the little voice in my head out but it keeps whispering: "ABASI MODERATOR"

reload141

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Still waiting for the Hawthorn insiders to check their inbox to see if this is actually true or not.

When Docherty did his knee again, a Pies supporter at work came out looking for a Carlton supporter to gloat, Carlton supporter said he was scum for being happy about it. When I told the Carlton supporter Daniher could miss half the season with this OP thing, he smiled and said I hope so.

When Docherty did his knee again, a Pies supporter at work came out looking for a Carlton supporter to gloat, Carlton supporter said he was scum for being happy about it. When I told the Carlton supporter Daniher could miss half the season with this OP thing, he smiled and said I hope so.
People are jerks.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
An that's the reason I personally couldn't care what happens at rival clubs. They don't give two hoots about you.

I'm not going to lose sleep with Mitchell going down.

Haha, yep, that’s it, BigFooty has helped me to identify the repressed sinister traits within. The Abasis of this virtual world are sent to test us.
OMG, there is more than one of them? It's worse than I thought!

Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Tom Mitchell broken leg?
giphy.gif

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep that’s how it goes ha ha

I had a brief look and did find the interpretation and reaction to Robbo’s report to be a pretty funny. No wonder these jerkfaces were such arsehats during the saga... they have pretty much zero reading and comprehension skills. Robbo was just reporting the facts yet he was clearly revelling in the news! I mean, WTF? #head*ed.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Hawthorn midfield this year

JOM, Shiels, Howe, Worpel, Cousins, Jones

Wingard, Impey and Burgoyne will roam through it at times.

Scully likely to not play at all based on the fact he is still only running straight lines. Best chance would be late in the season for a few games to get him ready for the following year.

They are ****ed.

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
Hawthorn midfield this year

JOM, Shiels, Howe, Worpel, Cousins, Jones

Wingard, Impey and Burgoyne will roam through it at times.

Scully likely to not play at all based on the fact he is still only running straight lines. Best chance would be late in the season for a few games to get him ready for the following year.

They are ******.
Don't forget they are recruiting Mitchell in the mid-season draft...

Keep hearing this around the same time each year yet like that turd that just won't flush, there they are, bobbing away come September.

They will be up there again this year. They have Clarko and a system that stacks up no matter the personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back