Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What marvel character would suit Essendon colors? Hmmm
Would be very unhappy if we went down that path, but if we had to...
Deadpool_%282016_poster%29.png

Would be very unhappy if we went down that path, but if we had to...
Deadpool_%282016_poster%29.png

Works well because we’re the anti hero of the AFL.

Somehow we do all the bad s**t, but still step in to save the minnow clubs. Like North and Good Friday.

Have to wonder whether some are scrooges or plain dislike children - These type of guernseys are to appeal to children who are the future of Aussie Rules. I couldn't give a flying f... about a guernsey's design.

The inherent underrating of our list from opposition fans is amazing.

Most I've spoken to expect us to finish around 12th-15th, even with all the talent we have.

Mind blowing.

Most I've spoken to expect us to finish around 12th-15th, even with all the talent we have.

Mind blowing.

To be fair we have consistently underwhelmed when we’ve had a talented list.

Take 2018 for example.

Mind blowing.

Given the last 15-years, do you really blame them?

We might have a lot of talent on our list but we haven't fired a shot for a really long time.

I'm sure if there was another team out there with our record over the past 15-years, we'd collectively view them pretty poorly.

Given the last 15-years, do you really blame them?

We might have a lot of talent on our list but we haven't fired a shot for a really long time.

I'm sure if there was another team out there with our record over the past 15-years, we'd collectively view them pretty poorly.
I suppose not when you consider those points, actually.

When you consider how we played late last year, however, and you'd have to think more people would have rated us higher.

Have to wonder whether some are scrooges or plain dislike children - These type of guernseys are to appeal to children who are the future of Aussie Rules. I couldn't give a flying f... about a guernsey's design.
Reminds me of the Tigers playing the GF in their clash strip.
How many supporters cared after they won?

Dress us up like Frozen or whatever other Disney theme they want, if we win, im happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*in LOL.

Read it.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-14/the-carlton-way-letter-from-the-ceo

It literally says nothing. Offers up targets, but offers no outline on how they are to be achieved.

The temptation to compare it to Richmond's plan (2015-2018) is there, however even at a high level, Richmond were able to outline HOW they intended to achieve their goals, even if they were aspirational.

I think it was poorly done. It needed to be a training jumper first. Expose it to the members slowly instead of jumping into round 1 of a new season with match day jumpers.

I get the need to target new audiences, anyone who has read my posting about eSports or AFLX knows where I stand when it comes to this stuff. But this could have been handled better so that when you attract new fans you don't piss off existing fans.

Put it side by side, ya ok. Maybe. Seeing it without someone telling me it's Thor? nah. I tried sending it to a friend who is a massive movie buff and loves all the Marvel movies etc. They didn't see it either until I told them it's meant to be Thor. So as far as brand awareness it seems to be in the toilet :p

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.40.52 pm 1.png

I get why they're doing it, and I expect someone paid them a fair bit of money to do it. If it was recognisably Thor it could actually be a problem with the AFL, since the league restricts the advertising space on jumpers to certain parts and certain sizes. At least it's not a superimposed Marvel logo, but if there was actually any brand awareness it might as well be. Like Ferrari and their Marlboro colour scheme.

That’s a great idea. Even if the actual Dreamtime jersey is different so as to maximise types of jersey available and $s...

Most people hate the away jumper, at least if they're using the indigenous design it gives it something a bit better and more interesting than a red-on-red sash.

Bonus points if they take a portion of every away jumper sale and donate to some kind of helpful indigenous cause.

I think it was poorly done. It needed to be a training jumper first. Expose it to the members slowly instead of jumping into round 1 of a new season with match day jumpers.

I get the need to target new audiences, anyone who has read my posting about eSports or AFLX knows where I stand when it comes to this stuff. But this could have been handled better so that when you attract new fans you don't piss off existing fans.

The guernsey is for children - How could it piss off existing fans ? Anyway may children die !

The guernsey is for children - How could it piss off existing fans ? Anyway may children die !

Take the average intelligence of a football fan into account.

Look at the comments and the media coverage. "Destroying our sacred jumper" type comments. Match day was too much change too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back